Sunday, November 2, 2014

October 26 - November 1, 2014

Sunday:  Crock Pot Honey BBQ Meatloaf with Steamed Veggies

·          Our family fave in a crock pot!  Why have I never thought of this before??  I prepared the meatloaf as I always do (recipe here), but this time I lined my crockpot with a couple of layers of foil and placed the loaf in.  I cooked it on low for about 4 hours.  When we arrived home after church, it was ready and delicious!  To make things even simpler, I made a bag of the microwave steam veggies, and our meal was all set in no time.  Because I lined the crock pot with foil, clean up was also a breeze.  It also made great leftovers for my lunch for a couple of days!




Monday:  Baked Buttermilk Chicken with Pesto Potatoes & Green Beans



·          I made this quite a long time ago and recently came upon the recipe (from Group Recipes) again.  This time, I decided to make my own homemade version on Cream of Mushroom Soup

I’ll just say that I will ABSOLUTELY make cream of mushroom soup from scratch again.  It was so flavorful and delicious all on its own…not to mention how tasty it was in this dish.  I feel a little silly for being afraid to try it before.  I actually had some fresh mushrooms frozen that I thawed a bit before dicing up, sautéing with diced onion and then adding to the soup.  For those of you who don’t like mushrooms, this soup would be good without them….the flavors of the butter and onion would be wonderful on their own.  In reading the comments, this recipe for cream soup also seems adaptable for those families on a gluten free or dairy free diet.

Pesto Potatoes
·          I diced up red potatoes into bite-sized pieces and then tossed them in a bowl with some prepared pesto (storebought J).  Then I roasted them in a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes.  I tossed them around and roasted them for an additional 12 minutes or so, until they were golden brown on the edges.


Tuesday:  Breakfast for Dinner! 


Wednesday:  Baked Tacos with Green Salad



·          I’ve made these a couple of times, and we always enjoy them!  This time I did make the homemade taco shells as she (Jillee) suggests.  Thankfully I remembered to line the bottom rack of my oven with foil because the taco shells will drip a little bit as they are cooking….so don’t forget!  I’ve done it in the past with store-bought shells, as well as with both homemade and store-bought taco seasoning…we like them however they are prepared.  These are really great tacos for kids as the mixture stays stuck inside the shell instead of falling all over the place!  As a default, I made a green salad again.  It’s an easy way to have veggies on our plates that the kids will eat.  J


Thursday:  Dinner at Mom’s

·          Chad had a work dinner, but the kids and I didn’t just pine away while he was out…we had a pumpkin decorating party at Nonnie’s!


Friday:  Halloween!!  J

·          Our kids have been so excited for Halloween!!  My mom and Chad’s parents came over for dinner and trick-or-treating, so I made BBQ Pork in the crock pot…easy peasey!



Saturday:  Family Day at the Lake with Our Church

No comments:

Post a Comment