Sunday: Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Chili
· This was a perfect soup to throw in the crockpot before church and cook on low until we were home for lunch. I used a rotisserie chicken that I had shredded and placed in the freezer several days ago and just put it in the crockpot frozen. Since I was using already cooked chicken (instead of raw, frozen chicken breasts as the recipe originally calls for), I also added one can of vegetable broth. This helped the soup stay creamy and not dry. We all loved it, and it made excellent leftovers for a couple of days! (http://coffeeandgiggles.com/)
Monday: Chicken Strips with Roasted Broccoli & Carrots
· Soccer and softball night! As always, a quick easy meal is a MUST!
Tuesday: Oh My Goodness Chicken, Roasted Parmesan Green Beans, & Bread
· I came across this on Pinterest (of course), and it seemed easy enough to try! It was tasty, and plain enough that the boys had no problem with it. Chad & I added Frank’s Red Hot to ours to give it more of a kick! I might play with the flavors a bit the next time we try this. (http://theenchantedcook.blogspot.com/)
Wednesday: Elbow Pasta with Turkey Sausage & Marinara, Caesar Salad, & Warm Garlic Bread
· I had some turkey sausage in the freezer that I thawed out and browned. After draining it, I added it to marinara sauce and then poured it over prepared whole wheat, elbow macaroni pasta (my kids’ favorite). I rounded out the meal with Caesar salad and warm, toasty, whole wheat garlic bread. Yum!
Thursday: Burger Night!
Friday: Birthday Party!
· We attended a friend’s birthday party, so we ate dinner there. J
Saturday: Baked Tacos, Cilantro Lime Rice, & Spinach Salad
· I haven’t made these in quite a while, but Chad is always happy when I do! They are really delicious, and they are also quite easy to prepare. It’s a great way for our kids to eat tacos, as baking them helps keep them all “stuck” together and also softens the shells so there’s less mess. It’s definitely a nice way to change up taco night. I did use her recipe for homemade taco seasoning, but I bought my taco shells from the store. J (http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/)
Cilantro Lime Rice
· This tasty rice could not be easier. Just make rice as you normally would, then add butter, cilantro, lime juice & zest, & a little garlic salt. Yum!