Tuesday, April 25, 2017

April 16-22, 2017

Sunday:  Easter Sunday!

  We always host our family for Easter, and this year was no exception.  I made ham in the Crock Pot using this recipe from The Crockin' Girls.  It is always a hit with everyone, and it couldn't be simpler.  Everyone else provided a the rest of our meal, and we were are overly content.  :-)


Monday:  Ham & Egg Breakfast Casserole



  As with any holiday meal, there are usually leftovers a'plenty!  We had quite a bit of delicious ham, so Chad was genius and suggested a breakfast casserole.  I mean, we ALWAYS have eggs thanks to our girls out back, and I happened to have a can of crescent rolls in the fridge.  So, I made our meal using this recipe from Kevin & Amanda, except that I subbed ham for sausage, and I also used 8 eggs instead of 6.


This dish was an absolute HIT!   Everyone cleaned their plates, and Payton went back for thirds!  I served ours with fresh fruit.


Tuesday:  Tamales with Rice, Avocados, & Apples



  Another holiday leftover...tamales! We are down to 2 4-count packages of tamales leftover from Christmas Eve.  It's actually a good thing because they actually get hotter each time we eat them!  Ha!  I suppose the spices become more potent with time.  So, the kids can't eat them at all.  I think I made chicken nuggets for them.  I had to put a little sour cream and avocados on mine to tone down the spice a bit too.  I also served it on our best china so as to save me a bit of time since we have small group at 6:30.


Wednesday:  Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes



  Baking sweet potatoes opens up a world of options!  I bought a rotisserie chicken from the store and tore off the chicken.  For Chad and me, I made a baked potato bar.  We topped ours with chicken, black beans, salsa, sour cream (I used plain Green yogurt), cheese, avocados, and tortilla chips.



My kids aren't big fans of foods stacked on top of each other, so their plates looked a bit different.  :-)  They prefer roasted sweet potatoes to baked, so I sprinkled on a little cinnamon.  This meal was incredibly simple, but also really delicious!


Thursday:  Dinner at Callen's Game

  A weeknight game at 6 and Chad being out of town means packed dinner eaten in the stands!  Callen ate a little bit at home before his game, and had a snack after.


Friday:  Fun at the RoughRiders Game!

  The Frisco Baseball Association has a night at the Frisco RoughRiders (our minor league team) each season.  The boys were able to walk on the field with their teams, and our tickets included hotdogs, chips, and drinks!


Saturday:  Pizza Night

  Chad was still out of town, plus we missed pizza the night before.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment