Monday, February 16, 2015

February 8-14, 2015

Sunday:  Chicken & Veggie Burritos on Homemade, Whole Wheat Tortillas

·          One of the kids had been sick, so I didn’t want to take time to make a big dinner not knowing who would eat it or how everyone would feel.  Thankfully I had some rotisserie chicken on hand, and also some fresh veggies.  I made a batch of homemade, whole wheat tortillas and dinner was ready in no time.


Monday:  Ginger, Beef, Mushroom & Kale Stir Fry



·          I found this on Pinterest, and it’s amazing!  It’s also amazingly easy, which makes it one of my favorite new recipes.  The recipe says to marinate the beef for 15 minutes or so, but to save some time in the evening before dinner, I actually cut my thin sirloin and marinated it around 12:30 that afternoon.  So, my meat marinated for about 5 hours.  This meal was thrown together so quickly, I almost couldn’t believe it.  I made some quick brown rice with quinoa that I buy from Costco.  Chad and I both LOVED this!  I didn’t even have any ginger, so I used an all-purpose house seasoning that had ginger in it.  (Recipe courtesy of http://www.gimmesomeoven.com ).


Tuesday:  Easy Garlic Chicken with Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Feta



·          Another great (and easy!) Pinterest make!  We all loved this…even the kids gobbled it right up.  It’s super simple to make.  (www.food.com)

·          After the chicken was in the oven, I used the same sauce pan to make the garlic and olive oil drizzle for the asparagus…2 recipes, 1 pan equals a win for me.  J  This was definitely a tasty way to have asparagus.  (http://www.gonnawantseconds.com )


Wednesday:  Dinner at Mom’s  J


Thursday:  Tortilla Crusted Tilapia, Rice, & Roasted Broccoli

·          I pretty much have Costco to thank for this meal.  We had a busy end of our week, but it was nice to have the tortilla crusted tilapia from Costco in the freezer for a quick meal instead of eating out.  Rice and roasted broccoli are always favorites for my kids.


Friday:  Date Night with Chad!

·          My mom offered to keep the kids so Chad and I could go on a date.  We said yes, of course.  J


Saturday:  Pasta with Venison Marinara Sauce, Kale Salad, and Garlic Cheese Biscuits




·          We had a wonderful, little family Valentines meal at home.  Our nephew even joined us, much to the delight of my kids.  I thawed some ground venison and used that to make a sauce with some marinara I already had in the fridge.  I made a simple kale salad topped with cranberries and sunflower seeds and also a package of Bisquick Garlic Cheese biscuits.  It was a tasty meal that we all enjoyed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment