Sunday, October 27, 2013

October 20-26, 2013

Sunday:  Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Chili

·          This was a perfect soup to throw in the crockpot before church and cook on low until we were home for lunch.  I used a rotisserie chicken that I had shredded and placed in the freezer several days ago and just put it in the crockpot frozen.  Since I was using already cooked chicken (instead of raw, frozen chicken breasts as the recipe originally calls for), I also added one can of vegetable broth.  This helped the soup stay creamy and not dry.  We all loved it, and it made excellent leftovers for a couple of days!  (http://coffeeandgiggles.com/)


Monday:  Chicken Strips with Roasted Broccoli & Carrots

·          Soccer and softball night!  As always, a quick easy meal is a MUST!


Tuesday:  Oh My Goodness Chicken, Roasted Parmesan Green Beans, & Bread

·          I came across this on Pinterest (of course), and it seemed easy enough to try!  It was tasty, and plain enough that the boys had no problem with it.  Chad & I added Frank’s Red Hot to ours to give it more of a kick!  I might play with the flavors a bit the next time we try this.  (http://theenchantedcook.blogspot.com/)

Wednesday:  Elbow Pasta with Turkey Sausage & Marinara, Caesar Salad, & Warm Garlic Bread

·          I had some turkey sausage in the freezer that I thawed out and browned.  After draining it, I added it to marinara sauce and then poured it over prepared whole wheat, elbow macaroni pasta (my kids’ favorite).  I rounded out the meal with Caesar salad and warm, toasty, whole wheat garlic bread.  Yum!


Thursday:  Burger Night!


Friday:  Birthday Party!

·          We attended a friend’s birthday party, so we ate dinner there.  J


Saturday:  Baked Tacos, Cilantro Lime Rice, & Spinach Salad

·          I haven’t made these in quite a while, but Chad is always happy when I do!  They are really delicious, and they are also quite easy to prepare.  It’s a great way for our kids to eat tacos, as baking them helps keep them all “stuck” together and also softens the shells so there’s less mess.  It’s definitely a nice way to change up taco night.  I did use her recipe for homemade taco seasoning, but I bought my taco shells from the store.  J  (http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/)

Cilantro Lime Rice

·         This tasty rice could not be easier.  Just make rice as you normally would, then add butter, cilantro, lime juice & zest, & a little garlic salt.  Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking time out of your already busy schedule to help us moms out with some recipes! I look at it every week, and it definitely inspires me cook more and change up my menu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Courtney! As long as people read it, I'll try and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete