Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April 9-15, 2017

Sunday:  Baked "Grilled" Cheese Sandwiches with Fruit & Veggies



  We came home after church, and I made a simple but healthy meal we all enjoy for lunch.  Baked "Grilled" Cheese Sandwiches!  Whenever I make more than 2 grilled cheeses, it's really so much easier to assemble them and lay them on a foil-lined cookie sheet.  Then you top it with another sheet of foil and another cookie sheet on top of that!  I place mine in a cold oven and then heat it to 400.  Usually, they are perfectly golden when my oven is done heating up!  Perfect!



  For the kids, I made plain turkey and cheese.  But, for Chad and me, I added in thinly sliced apples and some strawberry preserves.  Yum!

  This was also nice because we had our church Easter picnic and egg hut at 4:30.  This meal was made, eaten, and cleaned up in a SNAP!


Monday:  Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Sandwiches with Roasted Broccoli & Sweet Potatoes



Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
  This is a delicious way to make chicken in your crockpot...and the chicken is so versitile!  This recipe is from Cookies and Cups.  The cream cheese makes the chicken really creamy.  We had ours as sliders for dinner.  The next day, I ate some of the leftovers cold on crackers, just like chicken salad!  This meal is a big hit with my kids.


Tuesday:  Crack Chicken Nachos

Kid Plate:


My Plate:


Crack Chicken Nachos
  I used our leftover chicken from the night before to make nachos.  It took no time to bake these in the oven, and it was an easy clean up before our small group came over at 6:30.


Wednesday:  Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia in a Basil Cream Tomato Sauce with Sauteed Asparagus



Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia in a Basil Cream Sauce
  I made this a few years ago, and I remember us really enjoying it.  The recipe is from Life's Ambrosia, and it is full of flavor! I never use any of the sauce for the kids, though.  They prefer to eat it plain, or with a dipping sauce.  That's fine...more yummy cream sauce for Chad and me!


Thursday:  Dinner Out with Mom

  Chad was in Tulsa for the night, so we met Mom at a restaurant that just opened in downtown.


Friday:  Pizza & Movie Night!

  Can I just say...thank you for pizza night!?!?


Saturday:  Grilled Sausage with Fresh Fruit & Veggies



  Chad grilled a regular beef smoked sausage and also a delish chicken sausage with apple and gouda that I found at Costco.  We ate alfresco on our newly finished Turquoise Table!


No comments:

Post a Comment