Monday, January 20, 2014

January 12-18, 2014

Sunday:  Milla’s Birthday Party

·          We were with our family celebrating my niece, Milla’s, birthday!


Monday:  Crockpot Cheesy Chicken & Rice with Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad

·          This was a delicious dish that made quite a bit, so we had it for leftovers.  The chicken turned out so tender that the kids just gobbled it right up!  I will say, it does call for a can of cream of chicken soup, which has become the most EVIL of all cooking ingredients these days.  J  So, if you are highly offended by canned soup, by all means…make your own.  I’ve never tried it, but I just might one day.  I cook with canned soups so rarely, using it occasionally doesn’t bother me.  Thanks to Family Fresh Meals blog.

·          I made this salad for a dinner party a few weeks ago and fell in love with it!  It is so crunchy and delicious, and it’s a completely new way to eat Brussels sprouts.  The dressing really makes this salad something special.  Try it!  (http://www.justataste.com/)


Tuesday:  Leftovers

·          We had our leftover chicken and rice but this time I roasted broccoli and carrots as a side, which are my boys favorite veggies!


Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Classic Beef Stew

·          The stew was A-MAZING!!  It had the most wonderful, rich flavor.  I only made a half recipe, and it was still a good amount of food.  We will absolutely have this again!  I served ours with some tasty garlic bread.  (http://www.myrecipes.com/)


Thursday:  Pepperoni, Turkey Meatball, & Spinach Pizza

·          Her pizza crust is so easy, it’s hard for me to try another recipe! 


Friday:  Dinner Out


Saturday:  Dinner with Family to Celebrate Emily’s Birthday!


·          Our sweet niece, Emily, turned 1 last month, and they were in town to celebrate with us this past week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment