Sunday, January 5, 2014

December 30, 2013 - January 4, 2014

Monday:  Dinner with Mom

·          Chad and Ranger went hunting, so Callen, Payton, and I went and had dinner with my mom.  Then we went and drove around looking at the remaining Christmas lights per Callen’s request.  J


Tuesday:  Creamy CrockPot Tortellini Soup with Garlic Bread

·          A chilly evening called for this delicious soup!  I made it a few weeks ago, so we were excited to have it again.  This Creamy Crockpot Tortellini Soup is wonderful, and we had plenty for leftovers as well.  (http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/)


Wednesday:  Dinner with Wade and Amber

·          Instead of gifts, we go to dinner with our siblings for Christmas.  We had a great time with Wade and Amber…it’s just sad we only do this once a year!


Thursday:  Dinner Out

·          The boys were staying with Chad’s parents, so we took Payton out for a little date to a new place in town.  She seemed to enjoy being our only child for the night.  J


Friday:  Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Roasted Green Beans and Carrots

·          I’m having a hard time getting back into the swing of cooking since Christmas.  I knew we needed to eat in tonight, but I really didn’t want to work hard for dinner at all.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest, and it was certainly easy.  I think there was a little bit too much Italian dressing mix, so I would cut that back a bit if I made this again.  But, everyone ate it!  Chad and I added a little spice to ours, but the kids ate theirs just as it was.  Roasted green beans and carrots rounded out the meal nicely.


Saturday:  Salmon with Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes


·         Ranger really wanted fish, so I pulled some pre-marinated salmon out of the freezer.  I roasted it along with some broccoli and sweet potatoes for a quick and healthy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment