Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 15-21, 2013

*Since this upcoming week is Christmas, there won't be a menu posted next Sunday.  I should be back the Sunday after that.  Merry Christmas everyone!*

Sunday:  5 Ingredient White Chicken Chili

·          We had this delicious chili for lunch after church.  I put everything in the crockpot around 9:00am, and it was perfect when we ate lunch at 12:30.  I had some turkey from Thanksgiving in the freezer, so I actually diced that up and used it instead of chicken this time.  We couldn’t even tell the difference.  I topped ours with avocado, tortilla chips, and shredded cheese.  It really hit the spot on a cold day.  (http://www.gimmesomeoven.com)


Monday:  Taco Pizza at Mom’s House    

·          We went to my mom’s house on Monday night for dinner, and she made this delicious taco pizza from Life in the Lofthouse.  After cooking the pizza, we topped ours with some fresh chopped lettuce to give it a little more crunch.  Chad added a little more spice to his with some Frank’s Red Hot.  The kids enjoyed this as well!  After dinner, we all went to look at Christmas lights.  We love Christmas!


Tuesday:  Chicken Nuggets, French Fries, & Spinach Salad

·          I had a ladies Christmas party this evening, so I made a quick dinner of frozen chicken nuggets and French fries for Chad and the kids before I left.  I added a spinach salad with apples, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar to give a little bit of green to the plate.  J


Wednesday:  Breakfast

·          Chad was out of town, which almost always means breakfast!  This time…biscuits, bacon, eggs, & berries!


Thursday:  Grilled Soy-Orange Chicken, Roasted Diced Veggies, & Yeast Rolls

·          Chad’s parents always come over on Thursdays, and this day they stayed for dinner!  Earlier in the afternoon, I marinated chicken in orange juice, soy sauce, fresh ground pepper, olive oil, and garlic powder.  Chad grilled it for us.  I also diced up 2 zucchini, 2 yellow squash, and 3 sweet potatoes.  It sounds like a lot, but I wanted some leftovers!  I tossed it all with olive oil and season salt and roasted it at 425 for 25 minutes.  I stirred everything around after the first 15 minutes.  Yum!


Friday:  Leftovers for Me

·          As I said, I wanted leftovers!  Chad was hunting this weekend, and the boys were staying the night with my mom.  So Payton and I enjoyed the leftover chicken and vegetables from the night before.  J


Saturday:  A Happy Meal and Take-Out Pad Thai Night


·          Chad was still off hunting, and Ranger had a fever and wasn’t feeling well.  He said he wanted a cheeseburger for dinner, so I picked up Happy Meals (their fave) for the kids and some Pad Thai from a local Thai restaurant for me.  Everyone was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment