Sunday, December 1, 2013

November 24-30, 2013

Sunday:  Pizza Night


Monday:  Honey BBQ Meatloaf with Roasted Broccoli & Carrots

·          My mom and I went to see a movie on this evening, so I prepared this delicious meatloaf (a family fave!) and had it in the fridge so all Chad had to do was throw it in the oven for dinner.  I substituted turkey for the ground beef and oatmeal for the breadcrumbs.  I also cut up some broccoli and carrots that he roasted as well.  Everyone was happy!  (http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/)


Tuesday:  Sweet & Spicy Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Butter Spaghetti Squash & Roasted Green Beans

Sweet & Spicy Pork Tenderloin
·          This is a wonderful and easy recipe from my friend, Meredith.  Simply put a pork tenderloin (which are often on sale and usually very affordable) in the crockpot and top with half a jar of apricot preserves and half a bottle of hot & sweet pineapple chili sauce (mine is from Target, but I think any version of a hot and sweet sauce would work).  Cook on low for 6 hours, and it simply shreds into tender deliciousness.  It’s a little spicy, but not too spicy for the kids.  Yum!

·          Love this!  (www.steamykitchen.com)


Wednesday:  Dinner at Mom’s!


Thursday:  Thanksgiving!


Friday:  Sliders with French Fries and Pears



·          After a few days of family and food, we had an easy night at home.  Chad grilled little burgers – sliders – and I threw some fries in the oven.  We all sat together on the floor and had a picnic while watching “Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer.”  We love these nights!


Saturday:  Creamy Crockpot Tortellini Soup with Garlic Bread


·          I pinned this recipe recently on Pinterest from Family Fresh Meals and was pretty excited to try it.  It was FABULOUS!  Seriously…it’s so, so good!  After we (Chad helped chop the veggies while I tended to Payton) put it all together in the crockpot, I realized just how much soup there was.  So, we invited some friends over to eat dinner with us.  There was more than enough for everyone, and Chad and I even had it as a leftover for Sunday lunch.  The kids ate their soup, and I appreciate how there are some veggies in there that they barely realized they were eating!  This is a new family favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment