Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 17-23, 2014

Sunday:  Market Street Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas with Avocado, Tomato & Basil Salad

·          Chad was out of town, Payton was sick, and my mom took the boys to church with her.  Market Street to the rescue!  They have wonderful prepared foods, and their enchiladas are some of my favorite.  There was enough for Mom and I to share for lunch, and I made an avocado, tomato and basil salad to go along with it.  The kids ate sandwiches, and were perfectly happy!


Monday:  Breaded Spinach and Mozzarella Ravioli with Roasted Green Beans

·          The boys had dinner with some friends, and Chad was still out of town, so it was just my Payton girl and me for dinner.  Payton still wasn’t feeling well, so I only made dinner for myself and let her have toast and bananas.  We have some spinach and mozzarella ravioli in the freezer, so for an easy, one-person dinner, I dipped a few in a beaten egg and then I dredged them in bread crumbs.  Then I sautéed them in a little oil until they were brown and crispy.  I dipped mine in a little marinara sauce.  Yum!


Tuesday:  Family Dinner at Chad’s Parents’


Wednesday:  Dinner Out with Friends for a Birthday  J


Thursday:  Crock Pot “10 Chicken” with Roasted Broccoli and Whole Wheat Garlic Toast

Crock Pot “10 Chicken”
·          This is a wonderfully easy recipe that can be made ahead of time and stuck in the freezer for a quick meal.  Marinate chicken in soy sauce, Italian dressing, and garlic powder.  You can marinate it for only an hour or two before grilling it, or, in this case, I had it in the freezer and took it out and threw it straight in the crock pot on low all day.  When we were ready to eat, the chicken just fell off the bone.  It was also tasty the next day as leftovers for lunch!


Friday:  Slow Cooker BBQ Pork, Sweet Potato Fries, and Baked Beans

Slow Cooker BBQ Pork
-          1 pork roast
-          1 jar BBQ sauce
-          1 Coke

Place the roast in your slow cooker and pour over the coke and the BBQ sauce.  Cook on low 7-8 hours, then shred the pork and let it simmer in the sauce until you are ready to eat.  We had ours as sandwiches, but tacos and nachos are also great options.


Saturday:  Hot Dogs, Roasted Green Beans, and Cantaloupe


·          A fun evening with friends means a simply, family friendly meal.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment