Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 3-9, 2014

Sunday:  Costco Pizza and Spinach, Blueberry, and Feta Salad

·          I had been to Costco the day before, so I bought one of their delicious (and large!) pizzas.  Since our kids are still young, we actually only eat half of the pizza.  I froze the other half so we can have another easy dinner later on.  I made us a salad of spinach, blueberries, feta, and blackberry balsamic vinaigrette that I bought at the farmer’s market.  Yum!  Then, we all ate upstairs and watched a movie.  J


Monday:  Garlic Maple Dijon Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Macaroni and Cheese



·          This was A-MAZING!  It might possibly be my new favorite chicken dish now.  It’s also crazy easy, which adds to its awesome-ness.  Thanks to Pinterest and The Honour System blog for this fantastic find!  I made sides of roasted Brussels sprouts (Hosannah-Style:  after roasting melt 2 tablespoons butter and combine with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, then pour over hot veggies) and macaroni and cheese.  The kids were pretty happy about that last one.


Tuesday:  Dinner Out


Wednesday:  15-Minute Lasagna with Roasted Broccoli and Bread



·          I had been painting all afternoon while the kids stayed with my mom. Chad went to pick them up, but I didn’t just want us to eat out or pick up something on the way home.  I made this lasagna from the Kevin & Amanda blog, and it was easy and delicious!  I didn’t have quite enough lasagna noodles on hand, so I also threw in some rotini to soak up some of the sauce.  I also didn’t have any sausage on hand, but we didn’t miss it.  This made a huge skillet, so we had leftovers for a couple of days.


Thursday:  Breakfast for Dinner!

·          Chad had a work dinner, so I made breakfast for the kids.  I had some leftover lasagna.  J


Friday:  Basil Pesto Tilapia, Roasted Asparagus, and Rice

·          Some days, it’s just Costco to the rescue.  We had a busy day, and I wasn’t in the mood to cook much at all.  I have a box of basil pesto tilapia in the freezer from my last Costco trip, so I made those and just roasted some asparagus on a baking sheet right next to it.  After the asparagus was done, I squeezed on some fresh lemon juice.  With some rice, we had a yummy, healthy, and easy meal on the table in less than 20 minutes. 


Saturday:  Sliders and Sweet Potato Fries

·          The boys have been asking for burgers for a few days, so we obliged!  

No comments:

Post a Comment