Sunday, November 23, 2014

November 16-22, 2014

*There will be no blog next week because of the Thanksgiving holiday and all of the plans we have with family.  Feel free to check out the pages above to search through some of the recipes listed here on our menus.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Sunday:  Dinner with our Small Group


Monday:  Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Rolls with Salad



·          It’s dinner wrapped up in a crescent roll, so it has to be delicious!  J  I used some rotisserie chicken I had on hand and followed her recipe.  However, I rolled mine up lengthwise, so my rolls were much smaller, which was actually better for my kids.  Either way, they were wonderful!  I served ours with some Dijon and honey sauce I had in the fridge from the previous week.  (And yes…we ate on paper plates...just keeping it real!)  J


Tuesday:   Tilapia with Fresh Vegetables

·          Chad was gone for the evening, so the kids and I had some tilapia and vegetables.  A pretty easy meal is sometimes the best option!  I made a salad for myself.



Wednesday:  Parmesan Baked Pork Chops, Roasted Broccoli & Sweet Potatoes, & Rice



·          These were simple, crispy, and delicious.  I actually prepared them earlier in the day and then just placed them in the oven to be ready in time for dinner.  For those of you who don’t enjoy pork, this would also be yummy for chicken or turkey.  J


Thursday:  Venison Steak, Mashed Cauliflower, & Spinach Salad



·          Chad grilled some flavorful venison steaks that were amazing!  My mom was over for dinner too, and we all enjoyed it.  I can’t put any recipe here because Chad took charge of this meal.  J


Friday:  Creamy Crockpot Tortellini Soup

·          This was a favorite of ours last fall, and I’m glad the cooler weather reminded me of it again.  It takes a little bit of time to chop the vegetables, but once that’s done, it’s incredibly easy to toss together in your crock pot.  It makes quite a bit, so I prepped all the ingredients, but I only made half of it.  The other half I froze except for the broth, water, and spaghetti sauce.  I’ll add those in when I make it another time.


Saturday:  Pasta with a Venison & Marinara Sauce, Roasted Broccoli, & Garlic Parmesan Crescent Bread Sticks

Chad brought home deer meat from his last hunt, so now we have a freezer full of different cuts of venison.  It’s so lean and healthy, and I’m happy to have it…especially since Chad cooks anything he kills.  J  He chose to make some of it into ground venison, so he made pasta using the venison in place of beef or sausage in the pasta sauce.  Yum! 


We wanted some garlic bread, so I used some crescent roll dough to make garlic Parmesan bread sticks.  I laid out the dough and pressed together the seams to it was just one large rectangle.  Then I melted butter and added fresh-pressed garlic to it.  After brushing the butter and garlic on the dough, I sprinkled it with Italian seasoning and fresh Parmesan.  I baked it at 375 degrees for about 9 minutes.  They were quite tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment