Monday, February 6, 2017

January 29 - February 4, 2017

Sunday:  "10 Chicken" in Crockpot, Roasted Green Beans, & Brown Rice



  "10 Chicken" is a recipe from my cousin, Britney, and it is excellent on the grill or crockpot.  Typically, I buy a huge package of chicken and marinate it.  For the first meal I grill it, then I put the remainder of the marinated, raw chicken, I freeze. Then when I am in need of an easy meal, I pull the frozen chicken out and dump the whole frozen contents into my crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.  It is tender and delicious!  We used boneless, skinless thighs this time around.

"10 Chicken"

Chicken Breasts/Thighs
Italian Dressing
Soy Sauce
Garlic Powder

-I don't measure anything, so just use your judgement!  :-)  I pour it all in a bag and marinate a few hours, all day, overnight, or for weeks or months in the freezer!


Monday:  Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia with Steamed Broccoli & Roasted Veggie "Chips"



Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia
  I had some tilapia in the freezer, and I needed a quick meal, so I went to good ole' reliable Pinterest and found this simple recipe Shruti's Delectable Delights.  It was truly delicious!  I also sliced thin a huge sweet potato and drizzled it with a little olive oil and sprinkled some season salt.  I roasted these on a foil lined baking sheet for about 20-25 minutes, turning them over halfway through.  While the tilapia and sweet potato chips were in the oven, I steamed some broccoli.  This simple, healthy dinner was incredibly easy and also quite tasty.


Tuesday:  Breakfast for Dinner



  We enjoyed a breakfast of bacon and eggs...the eggs were the first ones from our very own chickens!!  I added a little sauteed spinach to mine, but they kids don't love that combo.  :-)


Wednesday:  Dinner Out

  The kids earned some free kids meals at Chipotle, and Chad left that morning for a business trip, so eating out was a treat for everyone!  Nonnie even met us for dinner!


Thursday:  Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas



  We had plenty of chicken leftover from last night's dinner at Chipotle, so I made quesadillas for us.  Throwing leftovers into a tortilla is always a hit at our house.


Friday:  Pizza & Movie Night


Saturday:  Amber's Garlic Lime Chicken with Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes, Rice, & Chips



Amber's Garlic Lime Chicken 
  This recipe is fast and full of flavor!  I keep the spice to a minimum for my kids, but you could make this a spicy as you like.

1 t salt
¾ t pepper
¼ t cayenne pepper
¼ t paprika
1 t garlic powder
½ t onion powder 
½ t thyme
Chicken breasts 
2 T butter
2T olive oil
4 T lime juice
½ cup chicken broth


Mix the first 7 ingredients. Pound out the chicken in a Ziploc bag until thin.  Sprinkle mixture on both sides of the chicken. Heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and add lime juice and chicken broth to pan.  Whisk the mixture around until it is reduced, mixing up the brown bits.  Pour over the chicken. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment