Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 22-28, 2017

Sunday:  Chad's Gumbo

  Chad made gumbo a couple of months ago, and we had a few bags frozen in the freezer.  This was a perfect day thaw one out and warm it up for dinner.  We served it with brown rice.


Monday:  Dinner with Family

  The kids and I drove over to stay at my brother's house for the night, so we had dinner with family!


Tuesday:  Whole Grain Pasta with Homemade Marinara & Turkey Meatballs

  We returned home that afternoon, and I wasn't in the mood to make a huge meal.  Towards the end of the month, and also on tiring nights, I love that we have a few yummies stored away in our freezer.  I had a bag of homemade marinara that I thawed a bit and warmed on the stove...I also added in some chopped up turkey meatballs that were also frozen from a previous meal.  :-)  After boiling some whole grain pasta and roasting some green beans, our meal was done!  I also made some whole wheat garlic toast.


Wednesday:  Mini Turkey Meatloaf "Muffins" with Roasted Broccoli & Carrots



  I made my tried and true turkey meatloaf recipe, but this time I baked it in my muffin tin.  I topped the kids' portions with ketchup and for Chad and me, I used BBQ sauce.  Simple, healthy, and done in no time!


Thursday:  RANGER'S 8th BIRTHDAY!!!

  We spent the day celebrating our Ranger Lee on his 8th birthday.  His dinner of choice...Mooyah!


Friday:  Grilled Venison Tenderloin with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Sauteed Spinach

(Chad's plate always has more food than mine, so it looks much more appetizing!)


  We had eaten out every meal the day before, so I asked Chad to grill instead of ordering pizza like we typically do on Friday night.  He was in the zone working on an outside project, so I actually made the kids some chicken nuggets and served them alongside some roasted sweet potatoes and fresh veggies.  Once Chad finished his project, he grilled our steaks and I quickly sauteed some spinach and topped it with some fresh parmesan cheese.  Everyone was really happy with this meal!


Saturday:  Tortilla Crusted Tilapia over Spinach Salad


  Chad had a work dinner, so I made a simple salad for me using tilapia from Costco.  I had one sick kid who didn't want to eat, and the others had sandwiches with fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment