Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 22-28, 2014

Sunday:  Dinner with Our Small Group


Monday:  Date Night!
·          Our kids stayed the night with their aunt, uncle, and cousins, so Chad and I had a random Monday date night.  J


Tuesday:  Pizza Night


Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli with Rice

·          I saw a different beef and broccoli recipe that looked amazing on Pinterest, but our week’s schedule changed on me a bit, so I found this one for the slow cooker instead.  I’ve made another recipe or two from this blog, so I felt confident it would be delicious.  It was!  This recipe was quick and simple to throw together, and we all enjoyed it.  I actually used flank steak since it’s a bit cheaper.  It’s a tougher cut of beef, so I cooked mine for about 6 hours instead of the 2 it recommends.  We ate every bite!


Thursday:  Garlic Butter Shrimp and Quinoa with Fresh Spinach Salad



·          I always see recipes for shrimp and pin them on Pinterest, but I never actually try them!  J  This one from Pinch of Yum looked too tasty to pass up, and it looked pretty easy too.  I also really wanted the boys to try some shrimp now that they love to eat all kinds of fish.  This was so, so YUMMY!  Which, I suppose if you add enough garlic and butter to anything, it should be good.  J  Her method of cooking the quinoa is a little different and incredibly delicious.  The meal was a HUGE hit, and the boys both officially declared that they love shrimp!!  Yay!  One note…our house smelled of shrimp for 4 days, so we will be cooking shrimp outside on the grill from now on.


Friday:  Dinner at Mom’s


Saturday:  Pepperoni, Tomato, and Mushroom Pizzas on Pioneer Woman’s Pizza Crust




·          My favorite easy pizza crust is from Pioneer Woman.  It’s so good, and you can make it a day or two ahead of time, which means actually making dinner doesn’t take much time at all.  I topped ours with pepperoni, fresh tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, and sliced fresh mozzarella.  It was perfect for our family movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment