Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 15-21, 2014

Sunday:  Leftovers from Saturday

·          We had some leftover grilled chicken and veggies from our big family party the night before.  They were a tasty and healthy dinner for all of us!


Monday:  Pizza Night

·          Our church’s VBS was this week, and on Monday we decorated the venue.  So, the kids and I went to Papa Murphy’s and brought home a pizza for a quick dinner we could all enjoy together.  I added fruit to the kids’ plates as well.


Tuesday:  Tortilla Crusted Tilapia, Roasted Broccoli and Carrots, and Fruit

·          This was night 1 of VBS, and we needed to leave our house at 4:30 to pick up a friend.  So, instead of a healthy family dinner, we had a family lunch!  I had some tilapia from Costco, and I roasted broccoli and carrots.  The kids were a little confused by “dinner” for lunch, but when I explained I wanted them to have their veggies so they were strong for VBS, they were all over it!  Then, for dinner they ate turkey, cheese, and fruit in the car on the way to pick up a buddy who was coming to VBS with us!  There was also a snack for the kids at VBS.


Wednesday:  Turkey Meatballs, Roasted Broccoli and Carrots, and Fruit

·          Same story, day 2.  J


Thursday:  Sliders with Roasted Okra and Oven French Fries

·          VBS was over, so we had dinner at our regular time again.  I made sliders on my cast iron skillet and roasted okra and French fries.  Chad and I love roasted okra…the kids not so much.  But, they tried 1 bite, and I didn’t make them eat any more.  I don’t remember liking okra either when I was a child, so I gave them a little leeway.  J


Friday:  Turkey tenderloin in the Crock Pot, Baked “Fried” Okra, Fruit, and Bread

·          I bought a rotisserie seasoned turkey loin at Aldi and thought we should give it a try!  We had a very busy day (and week!), so just opening the package and putting it in the crock pot was perfect.  It was delicious!  I had more okra that I had picked up at the farmer’s market, so I oven “fried” it hoping the kids would like it a little more.  Again, Chad and I thought it was great…the kids ate their 1 bite and moved on.  I’ll take it!


Saturday:  Jack’s Birthday Party!


·          We drove over to Crowley to celebrate our nephew, Jack, turning 2 years old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment