Monday, June 9, 2014

June 1-7, 2014

Sunday:  Breakfast for Dinner

·          Ranger had been sick most of the weekend L, so we made his favorite dinner…breakfast!  We were happy to feed him anything that he actually wanted to eat. 


Monday:  Alli’s Angel Chicken with Steamed Veggies and Bread

Alli’s Angel Chicken
·          This recipe is from my sweet friend, Alli.  I haven’t made it in a long time, but it’s quite delicious!  I actually forgot that it needed to bake in the oven for 60 minutes, so I actually made mine on the stovetop in about 25 minutes.  I just browned my thin-sliced chicken breasts on both sides, then poured over the sauce.  I put the lid on the pan and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.  It was great!

6 chicken breasts                                                                            
1 can golden mushroom soup
1/4 cup butter                                                                                          
4 oz cream cheese w/ chives
1 (7-oz) package Italian dressing mix                                      
1 lb angel hair pasta
½ C white wine

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.  Stir in package of Italian dressing mix.  Blend in wine & soup.  Mix in cream cheese & stir until smooth.  Heat through but don’t boil.  Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 dish.  Pour sauce over chicken.  Bake for 60 minutes.  During last 20 minutes of baking, cook angel hair pasta.


Tuesday:  Chicken Tenders, Zucchini Fritters, & Roasted Carrots

·          Ranger and Chad were at t-ball practice from 5:00 – 6:30, and then Chad had to run to a meeting at 7:00.  So, I made a quick and easy-to-eat dinner using Purdue Simply Smart chicken tenders.  I added a yummy recipe for zucchini fritters that I found on Pinterest, plus a kid-fave, roasted carrots.  Yum!


Wednesday:  Dinner Out with Mom  J


Thursday:  Date Night with Chad!!
·          The kids stayed with Chad’s parents for 2 nights, so we had 2 dates!!  Yay!!


Friday:  Date Night #2!


Saturday:  Hamburger, Spinach, and Garlic Pizza


·          I had a Pioneer Woman Pizza Crust in my freezer from making a big batch of dough a couple of months ago.  I thawed it out all day, then topped it with tomato sauce, some browned and seasoned hamburger meat, lots of fresh spinach, and a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.  (Chad added fresh jalapeƱos to his portion).  It was really delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment