Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 8-14, 2014

Sunday:  Crockpot Chicken, Black Beans, & Corn with Spinach Salad and Cornbread Muffins

·          I had this leftover chicken in the freezer from Payton’s birthday party a couple of weeks ago, so I pulled it out and put in in the crock pot on warm before we left for church.  When we arrived home, it was perfectly hot.  I made a spinach salad with apples, slivered almonds, feta, and tossed it with a dressing made of olive oil and raspberry balsamic vinaigrette.  I also had some cornbread muffins ready to go.  I love delicious, healthy meals that are easily thrown together on Sundays!


Monday:  Oven Baked Ravioli with Roasted Broccoli and Whole Wheat Garlic Toast

Oven Baked Ravioli
This is an incredibly easy recipe that can be thrown together in about 5 minutes before baking in the oven for 45 minutes.  It is one of the keepers from when I used Emeals a few years ago.  I added the browned meat to ours to amp up the protein a bit.

-          1 package frozen ravioli, any kind (I used spinach and mozzarella from Costco)
-          1 jar spaghetti sauce
-          ½ pound browned ground beef, turkey, or chicken
-          Cheese of your choice

Spray an oven-safe pan, then pour in the frozen ravioli in a single layer.  Sprinkle on the cooked ground beef, chicken, or turkey.  Then, pour the spaghetti sauce over that and sprinkle with whatever cheese you choose.  Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.  Uncover, then bake for 5 more minutes to let the cheese melt. 


Tuesday:  Ground Turkey and Veggie Tacos with Fresh Avocado and Bell Pepper Slices

 Meredith’s Ground Chicken and Veggie Tacos
A favorite, often-repeated recipe in our house.  Go to this post to see the recipe and pictures.  This time I actually used ground turkey instead of chicken.  Still delish!  J


Wednesday:  Dinner with Mom

We love having dinner at my mom’s house!  She ran to Sprouts and grabbed a “Baby Chicken” (rotisserie chicken), broccoli, and potatoes.  She roasted the broccoli and potatoes in small bites…just how my kids like it!  Easy and healthy!


Thursday:  Breakfast for Dinner:  Egg and Spinach Scramble, Bacon, Whole Wheat Toast, Apples, and Blueberries

Yes, I added cut up spinach to our eggs, topped it with a little cheese, and the kids devoured it!  We hadn’t been home much that day, so I hadn’t fed my kids any vegetables AT ALL.  This was a perfectly easy way for us to get a few greens in.  J


Friday:  Dinner at the Pool Neighborhood Party


Saturday:  Grilled Chicken, Grilled Veggie and Pineapple Skewers, and Bread


Ranger played his last t-ball game of the season at 5:00 that evening, so after, we had family over for dinner.  It was also a celebration for our niece Addy turning 16 and an early Father’s Day meal!  We grilled chicken (I had marinated it earlier in the day), vegetable and pineapple skewers (onions, zucchini, pineapple, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper), and I made bread inside.  Everyone had plenty to eat, and we topped off our meal with a Red Velvet Bundt Cake!  It was a yummy celebration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment