Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 27 - May 3, 2014

*This week we did a bit of unexpected traveling because my sweet Papa passed away.  So, I’m simply putting on the few things I did make when we were home, rather than our whole weekly menu.*

Asparagus, Feta, & Prosciutto Frittata


·          I made breakfast one night, but wanted to change it up a bit.  I found this recipe for a White Cheddar, Ham, & Asparagus Frittata on Pinterest from Erin’s Food Files.  I actually made mine with some Proscuitto, Feta, & asparagus because that’s what I had on hand.  It was delish!  A frittata is a great way to change up breakfast night, so I’ll be making them again (with various ingredients, I’m sure).




Crock Pot Chicken, Corn, & Black Beans
·          We had Payton’s birthday party on Saturday, and most of our family and a few friends were with us for dinner.  I made this great, easy recipe, and we all had more than enough food for the celebration!  (I actually made 2 crock pots of this.)

4-5 Chicken Breasts
1 Can Black Beans (drained)
1 Can Corn (drained)
1 Cup Salsa
½ block Cream Cheese, cubed

Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of your crock pot.  Top with black beans, corn, and salsa.  Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 4.  About an hour before you want to eat, shred the chicken and mix everything together.  Mix in the cream cheese and cover again.  Cook on low (or even warm) until you are ready to serve…yum!  This is great alone, inside tortillas, or over chips.  It’s also a pretty economical way to feed a large group of people.



I want to say a BIG thank you to my sweet friends, Meredith and Sharon.  They both brought over dinner for my family after we arrived back in town from my Papa’s funeral.  Both meals were delicious, and even more so, incredibly appreciated.  I have some of the most amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment