Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 11-15, 2014

**  I will be taking 2 weeks off from the blog for a little family time in Florida! **

Sunday:  Monterey Chicken with Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus



·          Both of these delicious recipes are from the same blog post.  This was actually Mother’s Day, and we had my mom over for dinner that night.  Chad grilled the delicious chicken that I had marinated a few hours earlier (just like the blogger posts), and I took care of the sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus inside.  Everyone loved it!  The sweet potatoes were a little “Thanksgiving-ish,” but they were so yummy that none of us minded!


Monday:  Macaroni and Beef with Cheese with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots



·          I haven’t made this in a while, but I went back through some of the first blog posts for recipe inspiration this week.  This is a very family-friendly meal.  It’s completely homemade and tastes so much better than anything boxed from the store.  I actually made a half recipe and it still made a ton.  I only used 1 lb. ground beef, but I did use about ¾ of the can of tomatoes to make sure there was enough sauce for the macaroni.  I made ours with half a box of whole wheat elbow macaroni.  It was a tasty lunch leftover to have a during the rest of the week.  J


Tuesday:  Crockpot “10 Chicken” with Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Bread

Crockpot “10 Chicken”
·          I originally planned for us to have leftover Macaroni and Beef with Cheese for dinner, but since Chad and I both had it for lunch, I decided we should have something else for dinner.  I had some “10 Chicken” in the freezer.  It’s the simplest, tastiest chicken!  We use bone-in chicken thighs, but if dark meat isn’t your thing, feel free to use white meat.  Put chicken in a ziplock bag and pour in some soy sauce, Italian dressing, and garlic powder.  That’s it!  It can be refrigerated if you plan to have it within a day or two, or it can be stuck in the freezer for later use.  This chicken is GREAT on the grill or crockpot.  What’s nice about freezing it is that it can go straight from freezer to crockpot.  I cooked it on low for about 6-7 hours, and it was perfect!!


Wednesday:  Dinner with Mom  J



Thursday:  Rudy’s BBQ for Chad’s Early Birthday Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment