Sunday, July 6, 2014

June 29 - July 5, 2014

Sunday:  Rough Riders Baseball Game


Monday:  Breakfast for Dinner at Mom’s  J


Tuesday:  Tortilla Crusted Tilapia, Sautéed Zucchini, Carrots, and Onions, and Rice

·          Chad made dinner for us this night, and it was delicious!


Wednesday:  Pasta with Ground Turkey and Veggie Marinara Sauce, Spinach Salad, and Whole Wheat Garlic Toast


·          We swam and played with friends until almost 6:00, so I needed a quick dinner.  I had some cooked ground turkey and veggies frozen from the last time I made Meredith’s tacos, so I set it out earlier in the day to thaw.  When it was time to make dinner, I warmed it in a skillet with marinara sauce.  I made a combination of small shells and elbow macaroni because we didn’t quite have enough of either to feed all 5 of us.  J  I also made an easy spinach salad and whole wheat garlic toast.  Everyone was happy!


Thursday:  Chicken Tenders, Zucchini Muffins, and Fruit

·          We went to Hawaiian Falls water park after naps on this afternoon with my mom, and then she came home with us to stay with the kids while Chad and I went out to eat for our anniversary (which was the day before…9 years!).  While the kids took a bath, I made some Purdue Simply Smart chicken tenders.  I also warmed up some zucchini muffins that I like to make for my kids (and me).  My mom had some leftover pasta from the night before.  As the kids were finishing their dinner, Chad and I headed out on our date!


Friday:  July 4th Cookout!  Ribeye Steaks, Roasted Green Beans, Roasted Diced Potatoes with Bell Peppers, Tomato and Avocado Salad



·          My mom came back over for July 4th dinner with us!  Chad grilled some ribeyes that were scrumptious!  I roasted our veggies inside, and Mom prepared a yummy tomato and avocado salad that is perfect for summer.  Happy birthday America!


Saturday:  Hotdogs, Fruit, Chips, and Caprese Salad with Avocado


·          In keeping with our theme of being outside in the water every afternoon this week ;-), we had gone to the pool after naps.  When we came home, Chad grilled hot dogs for us (turkey dogs for the kids, jalapeño cheddar dogs for us).  We added fruit and chips, and I also made a quick Caprese salad with tomato, avocado, basil, mozzarella cheese, balsamic vinegar, and some pepper.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment