Monday, August 5, 2013

July 28 - August 3, 2013

Sunday:  Dinner with my Mom  J


Monday:  Pioneer Woman’s Sour Cream Noodle Bake, Spinach Salad, & Bread

·          I’m a fan of almost anything from Pioneer Woman, and this recipe is so simple, it was easy to tell that we would enjoy it.  It’s really similar to another pasta dish recipe that my friend, Jamie, makes.  The egg noodles change this one up a bit.  I made it earlier in the afternoon and threw it in the oven before dinner.  Yum!


Tuesday:  Leftover Pioneer Woman Noodle Bake, Roasted Zucchini & Sweet Potatoes, & Bread

·          The noodle bake made more than enough for us, so we had it again the next night with some delicious roasted veggies and more warm, whole wheat bread. 


Wednesday:  Girls Dinner!

·          On very rare occasions, I actually go out and eat with my girlfriends!  The boys were staying the night with their Grammy & DadDad, so Chad & Payton took care of their own dinner.


Thursday:  Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos with Sliced Avocado & Chips

·          I knew that this day was going to be a little busy, and that we would want a hearty and delicious dinner.  The crock pot is perfect for these kinds of days!  I had pinned this recipe on Pinterest several weeks ago, and I am SO HAPPY I did.  These shredded beef tacos are ridiculously good.  Searing the spices on the roast before placing it in the slow cooker ensures that all the spices stay on the meat.  They may have been a little too spicy for the boys, but it wasn’t a problem as they were still with Chad’s parents for the night. 

I served ours with fresh tortillas I bought from Taco Cabana (I love their tortillas!), cheese, sour cream & tomatoes.  I sliced up avocados and we just ate them plain.  With chips & salsa, we had a perfect little feast!

This beef made delicious leftovers as well.  We had them for lunch the next day, and even as quesadillas a few days later.  Yummo!  (Thanks http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/)


Friday:  A friend brought dinner!

·          A friend of ours brought over dinner knowing that our weekend was going to be crazy and Chad wasn’t feeling very well.  We are so blessed by our friendships here.  J


Saturday:  Honey Siracha Chicken with Roasted Green Beans & Macaroni-n-Cheese


·          Chad really likes Siracha sauce, so I thought I would give this recipe a try.  After making it, we decided that I should add more siracha the next time, as we really couldn’t taste it in the marinade.  I also baked ours because Chad wasn’t feeling well, and the grill is definitely his domain…I don’t even know how to turn the thing on.  Still, we enjoyed it, as did the boys, so it’s a keeper!  (http://www.zagleft.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment