Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 4-10, 2013

Sunday:  Papa Murphy’s Pizza Night!  J


Monday:  Lemon Chicken Romano with Rice & Roasted Asparagus


·          I saw this recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked delicious.  We all really enjoyed it!  All the kids ate this chicken without hesitation or negotiation, which pretty much automatically makes it a repeat recipe in my house.  We served ours with rice and roasted asparagus for a tasty and complete meal.  (Recipe courtesy of http://www.cookingclassy.com/)


Tuesday:  Cheeseburger Quesadillas & Spinach Salad

Cheeseburger Quesadillas

·          We had some ground beef and tortillas that needed to be used, so we had cheeseburger quesadillas for dinner.  I added a spinach salad topped with apples, feta, and dried cranberries with a fresh raspberry balsamic dressing for a complete meal.


Wednesday:  Chicken Gloria with Rice, Roasted Broccoli, & Carrots

·          I really wanted to love this recipe.  It sounds so delicious, and the pictures made it look ridiculously good.  But, I didn’t have sherry wine, so I used red cooking wine instead.  I think it added a bit of the wrong flavor to the mushrooms.  Nevertheless, we all ate it, but we didn’t love it.  I’ll try it again sometime and use a better wine.  (Recipe courtesy of http://www.cookingwithsugar.com/)


Thursday:  Mooyah!

·          My mom and I took the boys to Jump Zone! to play after naps, so we decided that Mooyah would be the perfect ending to our fun afternoon.


Friday:  Breakfast!  Cinnamon Raisin French Toast with Sliced Strawberries, Scrambled Eggs, & Bacon

·          Breakfast for dinner is a major fave around here, and it had been a while, so we all pretty much stuffed ourselves.  Delish!


Saturday:  Hot Dogs, Chips, & Fruit


·          Some friends came over to play and have a movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment