Sunday, August 25, 2013

August 18-24, 2013

Sunday:  Calzones & Broccoli Salad

·          We had a busy day, and CostCo came to the rescue for dinner!


Monday:  Spinach Artichoke Lasagna, Roasted Zucchini & Sweet Potatoes, & Whole Wheat Bread

·          On this evening I decided to pull a lasagna out of the freezer that I made a little while back.  It is one of my favorites.  I made the lasagna as usual, but added spinach and artichokes to the ricotta cheese mixture.  It’s a great addition to the lasagna, and it adds a few more vegetables to the meal.


Tuesday:  Breakfast for Dinner:  Waffles, Bacon, Eggs & Fruit

·          Ranger had again been asking for breakfast for dinner, so I obliged.  J


Wednesday:  Eat Out

·          Chad unexpectedly was not home for dinner, so the kids and I ran some errands and grabbed dinner out.


Thursday:  Chicken Parmesan Meatballs with Kale Salad & Bread



·          This recipe is delicious!  Ranger had been asking for meatballs, and I saw this one and knew we would enjoy it.  It’s an easy recipe, and I made them ahead of time, which made it even easier!  I plan to make these again, and double the recipe to add some to the freezer.  Yum!  (http://www.dinneralovestory.com/)

Kale Salad
·          I washed and chopped kale into bite-size pieces.  I added chopped up pecans, freshly-grated parmesan, & a dressing made of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, & fresh cracked pepper. 


Friday & Saturday:   Family Time


·          We were with family this weekend as Chad’s sister, Megan, & her sweet baby, Emily, were in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment