Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 25-31, 2013

Sunday:  Lake Day with Friends!


Monday:  Basil Lime Chicken with Roasted Green Beans & Carrots

·          We had Ranger’s first soccer practice on this evening, so I wanted a healthy meal to give him some good energy that was also easy to prepare.  I actually used pork chops because I didn’t have any chicken on hand.  Chad was able to grill for me, and I roasted up the veggies inside.  The sauce that you make up to pour on the meat when you serve it really makes it delicious!  (http://goodenessgracious.com/)


Tuesday:  Dinner with My Mom!


Wednesday:  Cheesy Enchilada Stack with Kale Salad

·          I made this several months ago, and when I happened upon the recipe again this week, I was reminded how much we enjoyed it.  It is actually pretty easy to make, and after preparing it, I remembered how much food it actually makes.  It would have fed my family plus another very easily!  The kids all ate it, which is always a plus!  I served ours with a fresh kale salad topped with slivered almonds, feta cheese, & balsamic dressing.  Yum!  (http://www.chef-in-training.com/)


Thursday:  Leftovers
·          Clearly we had enough from the night before!  J


Friday:  Texas Rangers Game!
·          The kids stayed the night with my mom while Chad & I enjoyed a Rangers’ game with friends. 


Saturday:  Sweet Chili Lime Chicken with Cilantro Couscous & Roasted Parmesan Broccoli


·          This is one of my favorite recipes ever, and I’m not sure why I don’t make it more often.  I love the sweet-hot flavor alongside the crispness of the lime juice.  It’s a quick meal to put together, especially if you have your chicken cut up ahead of time.  I usually serve ours with roasted broccoli.  Couscous is a fun variation on rice or pasta, and it soaks up the sauce nicely.  The only downside is that Callen LOVES couscous, but his eating couscous ends up looking like he showered in couscous.  J  (http://www.grumpyshoneybunch.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment