Monday, July 1, 2013

June 23-29, 2013

Sunday:  Food from Market Street
·          I’m a big fan of some of the prepared meals from Market Street here in Frisco.  They are nice to have on evenings when I don’t plan to cook.  J


Monday:  Chad gone – we ate with friends


Tuesday:  Chad gone – We had chicken tenders, Annie’s macaroni & cheese, & roasted green beans


Wednesday:  Clean Eating Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Verde with Brown Rice & Roasted Green Beans

·          Chad actually didn’t make it home in time to eat on this evening, but I already had this in the crockpot.  It’s ridiculously easy.  I had it, but decided it was a little too spicy for the kids, so I made them turkey dogs to go with their rice and green beans.  I enjoyed it though, and I was happy that there was more than enough for a few nights.  I looked at this website quite a bit, and I plan to make even more of her recipes!  (http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/)


Thursday:  Tacos with Pineapple Chicken Verde, Green Salad & Rice

·          We had the leftover chicken from last night, but this time we had it in tacos.  We added cheese & sour cream and served it with a green salad and rice.  We actually had friends over, and there was enough for everyone.  Yay for economical cooking!  Plus, as with almost any crockpot recipe, it actually tasted better on the 2nd day.  J


Friday:  Homemade Pizzas

·          Chad’s parents were over, so pizza seemed like a great dinner for everyone.  After last week’s pizza made with store-bought crust, I decided to try my hand at homemade crust this week.  A friend mentioned Pioneer Woman’s pizza crust, and I think you can almost never go wrong with a Pioneer Woman recipe.  It also seemed much simpler than other dough recipes!  It was very simple, and I took her advice and made it a few days in advance.  We made 2 pizzas:  the first was pepperoni & cheese (the boys’ favorite!), and the second was a variation of the Pioneer Woman’s pizza.  I used zucchini, mushrooms, & tomatoes with pesto sauce.  I followed her directions.




Both pizzas were great!  I was so much happier with the homemade pizza dough than any I’ve ever purchased at the store.  I may experiment with other dough recipes now that I’ve done one. 




Saturday:  Lake with Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Your pizza looks good as well as the pineapple chicken!

    ReplyDelete