Sunday, July 21, 2013

July 14-20, 2013

Sunday:  Dinner with Family

·          My grandparents and aunt and uncle were in town for the night, so we took dinner and ate at my mom’s house.  Babe’s Chicken…delish!


Monday:  Pizza Night

·          Chad was gone, and my niece Milla was staying with us…plus we had another friend over that day too!  So, pizza night was a must!


Tuesday:  Scrambled Eggs, Waffles, & Strawberries

·          Another kid-friendly dinner….all 4 kids loved it!


Wednesday:  Chicken & Veggie Tacos with Rice

Chicken & Veggie Tacos
Ground Chicken or Turkey  (I used 2 pounds.)
Finely chopped/diced veggies of your choice (I used 1 zucchini, 3 big carrots, & 2-3 big handfuls of spinach.)
Diced Tomatoes (I had fresh tomatoes I needed to use…most of the time I use Rotel)
Taco Seasoning
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic

Cook the chicken with olive oil & minced garlic until no longer pink.  Add your finely diced veggies, tomatoes, & taco seasoning.  Mix it all together until everything is heated through.  Serve with tortillas or chips of your choice.  We used corn tortillas and topped with some shredded cheese.  I made quesadillas for the boys.


Thursday:  Spinach Linguine with Chicken & Veggie Pasta Sauce & Garlic Bread

·          I used the chicken from the night before and added it to pasta sauce.  I tossed it together with spinach linguine, and we had a quick, delicious, & healthy meal!  Never fear though…I lost some healthy points by making some buttery garlic toast.  J


Friday:  Grilled Steak & Chicken, Roasted Broccoli & Thin Sliced, Ranch Potatoes, & Warm Sourdough Bread

·          Chad’s parents were over that day and stayed for dinner.  Chad did the grilling, and I worked on the veggies inside.  I love making thin-sliced potatoes because they remind me of Daddy. 

Peel the potatoes and slice them as thin as you can.  Overlap them in a single layer on a sprayed baking sheet or Pyrex dish.  Place small pats of butter over the potatoes and add salt & pepper.  This time, I also added dry Ranch dressing powder.  I roasted it in the oven with the broccoli at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Saturday:  Grilled Steak & Chicken Quesadillas


·          We had leftover steak & chicken from the night before, which made delicious quesadillas!  We had been to the pool with friends, so this was the perfect, quick dinner that we all enjoyed.  Adding some tasty grapes to the plate rounded out our meal nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment