Monday, July 15, 2013

July 7-13, 2013

Sunday:  Tuna Patties, Roasted Parmesan Green Beans, & Whole Wheat Rolls

·         Growing up, my mom made salmon patties, and I LOVED them!  I haven’t had them in years!  I saw this recipe on Pinterest for tuna patties, and I thought I would give it a try.  On this Sunday evening, I needed a quick dinner, and this seemed like a great time to try these.  I was skeptical at first…those first smells of tuna can be a bit overwhelming.  (Chad – in the next room with the kids – was also a bit suspicious.  J

But, these actually turned out quite tasty!  I didn’t have time to chop any onion, which I didn’t miss at all.  I forgot to add the lemon juice when I mixed them up, so I added it to them as they cooked.  I also added a few crackers because the mixture seemed a bit wet to me.  Still, after eating them, we decided we would definitely have them again sometime.  (http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/)

Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
·          Lay green beans in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Toss with olive oil (not too much!), salt, & pepper.  Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan.  Roast at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of your green beans.  We like ours to be just turning brown along the edges!


Monday:  Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches with Zucchini Chips

·          We really enjoyed these!!  This recipe is ridiculously easy, and it’s also delicious!  Next time, I will cut back on the pepper a bit.  I served ours on whole wheat hoagie rolls with butter lettuce.  Yum!  As a bonus, the leftovers made a wonderful chicken salad that I was able to have for lunch for a few days.  I just added pecans and grapes.  I plan to make this chicken again this week for the sole purpose of having chicken salad.  (http://rachelschultz.com/)

·          I haven’t made zucchini chips in a while, but now that zucchini is in season and so delicious, I will be working them into our menu often!  The boys love them, and I love any recipe that enables my boys to happily eat their vegetables.  (http://www.nutritionistinthekitch.com/)


Tuesday:  Leftovers

·          Chad was gone, and I had more than enough food from the night before!  Yay leftovers!


Wednesday:  Eat Out

·          Chad was gone again, so we ate out.


Thursday:  Homemade Pizzas

·          Now that I’ve discovered how deliciously easy Pioneer Woman’s pizza crust is, I’m wanting pizza all the time!  I made the always-reliable pepperoni & cheese for the boys.  For us, I made one very similar to the Pioneer Woman’s with eggplant, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, rotisserie chicken, pesto, & fresh mozzarella.  It was wonderful….even the next day when we had it for lunch!



Friday & Saturday:  Smith Family Reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment