Tuesday, November 8, 2016

October 30 - November 5, 2016

Sunday:  Trunk or Treat
  Our church's annual trunk or treat was this evening, and they even provided pizza!  Score!




Monday:  Pesto Ranch Crockpot Chicken Tacos
  Hooray for Halloween!!  Earlier in the day, I just threw some frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot with some jarred pesto, some ranch seasoning, and a little chicken broth.  Cook it on low for 6 hours or so (longer if you have full crockpot), then shred and eat!  It's a yummy chicken for tacos, nachos, and even on salads.  It also makes great leftovers!  I served ours on tortillas and also roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes as sides.  It was a quick, easy meal that gave us all the energy we needed for some epic Trick-or-Treat time with the kids.  :-)






Tuesday:  Leftovers
  Chad was in California for work, so the kids and I had leftovers.  I love leftovers.


Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Asian Style Country Ribs with Brown Rice



Slow Cooker Asian Style Country Ribs
  This is a delicious recipe that I made once a million years ago, loved it, and then forgot to ever make it again.  It's so simple, yet it packs so much flavor.  Just like the first time I made it, I actually didn't marinate it overnight...I just threw everything in my crockpot and cooked it on low for 8-9 hours.  About an hour before dinner time, I placed fresh broccoli and snow peas in the crockpot and spooned a little of the juice over the top before placing the lid back on.  I made some brown rice on the stove, and dinner was ready!


Thursday:  Dinner at Studio Movie Grill
  The kids have been so excited to see the new movie "Trolls," so we made a fun evening out of it!


Friday:  Kids Staying with Nonnie
  Chad and I both had separate retreats, so the kids stayed at my mom's house.


Saturday:  Cheeseburgers with Spinach Salad and Fresh Fruit


  Chad is always willing to grill for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment