Monday, November 21, 2016

November 13-19, 2016

Sunday:  Baked & Breaded Chicken Tenders with Quinoa & Fresh Veggies


  The Cowboys were playing, and we decided to start decorating for Christmas.  So, I made a simple dinner of baked chicken tenders accompanied with quinoa & kale (frozen packet from Costco...4 minutes in the microwave!) and fresh veggies.


Monday:  Dinner with Nonnie
  The kids and I had dinner at my mom's while they "helped" her decorate her Christmas tree!  Chad was out of town for work, so he missed out on all the fun.


Tuesday:  Dinner with Small Group


Wednesday:  Breaded "Fried" Ravioli (Me) & Baked Turkey & Cheese Sliders (Kids)
  Chad was flying home from a business trip, so I made an easy dinner for the kids of baked turkey and cheese sliders using rolls leftover from Payton's preschool Thanksgiving Feast earlier that day.


 There wouldn't have been quite enough for all 4 of us, so for myself, I heated a little olive oil in a pan on the stove and added in a few chicken raviolis tossed in a small amount of Italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.  I "fried" them lightly on both sides and served them with marinara sauce.


(Do you love our fancy turkey paper plates?) ;-)


Thursday:  Black Bean, Smoked Turkey, & Sweet Potato Tacos


(Chad always makes his dinner plates look so much fancier than mine...)


  We have some smoked turkey in our freezer that needs to be eaten before we receive another smoked turkey this year.  :-)  So, I thawed some during the day.  For dinner, I diced up a sweet potato and sauteed it in a little olive oil with a few sprinkles of season salt.  Once the potatoes were browned and soft, I added in the smoked turkey and a can of drained and rinsed black beans.  Then I simply let it all heat together!  I had some freshly made tortillas from Kroger, so we had our "hash" as tacos and burritos.  This was a seriously yummy meal that was packed full of flavor.  I could see us repeating this with leftover Thanksgiving turkey next week!


Friday:  Pizza & Movie Night!


Saturday:  Hot Dogs
  I was out of town on a girls weekend, so the kids had a fun weekend with Chad...word on the street is that hot dogs were grilled for Saturday night's dinner.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment