Sunday, March 27, 2016

March 20-26, 2016

Oh my goodness...we were barely home this week!

Sunday:  Breakfast for Dinner



  We had our church potluck and Easter egg hunt that day after church, and Chad was out of town for work, the the kids and I were wiped out!  Eggs, bacon, and waffles from the freezer (anytime I make pancakes or waffles I make a ton, so I always have some in the freezer for easy breakfasts...or in this case, dinner!) made for an easy, filling meal that we all enjoyed.  I fancied up my eggs by layering them with fresh spinach, feta cheese, and salsa.  The kids had their's plain.


Monday:  Dinner at Mom's


Tuesday:  Chick-Fil-A  :-)

  Both boys had baseball practice on Tuesday late afternoon/early evening, so we cashed in some of our Chick-Fil-A cards we earned at the church egg hunt on Sunday!


Wednesday:  Sandwiches at the Park

  Our small group has been meeting at the park on Wednesday nights, so making sandwiches for everyone is pretty simple.


Thursday:  Crockpot Crack Chicken & Roasted Broccoli



Crockpot Crack Chicken
  Well...it's about time I actually cooked something!  This was super simple and super delicious!!  I served ours on whole wheat mini buns with roasted broccoli.  Ranger had a game at 7:10, so this was the perfect dinner that everyone enjoyed.  I didn't add the extra cheese at the end...I just plopped the chicken on the buns and called it good.  :-)  (Yummy recipe courtesy of Cookies & Cups)


Friday:  Crack Chicken Nachos

  I was out for the evening with girl friends from church, so Chad was in charge of dinner.  I intentionally made more of the Crack Chicken from the night before so he would have dinner pretty much ready to go.  He served the chicken in multi-grain scoop chips with shredded cheese on top.  He told me the kids demolished them!  I cannot tell you how much joy it brings me to prep a meal once that we are able to eat TWICE!


Saturday:  Soy & Citrus Grilled Duck, Brown Rice, & Roasted Broccoli



  We had 2 baseball games today, and Chad was home, so I asked him to grill for dinner.  He's always happy to grill for us...particularly if it's something he's hunted and shot!  ;-)  While he grilled the duck, I made simple sides of brown rice and roasted broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment