Sunday, April 3, 2016

March 27 - April 2, 2016

Sunday:  Easter Sunday!

  We always host Easter at our house…our kids love that our local family all get together to eat and hunt eggs!  This year, I took an easy route and made BBQ Pulled Pork in the crock pot.  All you need is a pork roast (I made 2), a bottle of BBQ sauce, and a can of Coke.  Put them all in the crock pot together and cook on low all day!  Then shred the pork and it’s ready for sandwiches, nachos, tacos, or anything!  I made ours on Saturday, and then just put the crock pot on warm before we left for church Sunday morning.  We served ours on hamburger buns.  Everyone brought dishes to add to our meal including roasted sweet potatoes, salad, cole slaw, deviled eggs, beans, and dessert.  J


Sunday Night:  BBQ Pork Pizza



  Normally one of our Sunday meals is leftovers or just sandwiches.  But, we had leftover BBQ Pork from lunch, and I just thought we would have nachos or something along those lines.  The hubs randomly asked if pizza would be a possibility. When I realized it was almost 6:00, I looked up on Pinterest "self rising pizza crust."  Well, this recipe from Babble.com was the first one that popped up. Only 2 ingredients!  I actually don't have any Greek yogurt on hand, but I had itss less-healthy cousin, sour cream!

Well, this experiment was a HIT!  Not only was it super easy using my mixer, but the crust was so tasty!  Our BBQ pizza was so, so delicious. We actually baked the crust for about 5 minutes before we topped it with BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, BBQ pork, and then a little bit of Muenster cheese. Then we baked it for about 10 minutes more. Yum!  If you find yourself wanting to jazz up leftovers, or just have a quick (no rising necessary!) pizza, give this recipe a shot!


Monday:  BBQ Pork Taquitos with Beans & Roasted Sweet Potatoes



  Being on a cash budget often means the end of the month is using what we have on hand to create meals rather than going to the store just to buy something else.  And, we still had some BBQ pork leftover from Easter lunch, but we definitely didn’t want sandwiches again.  Also, I couldn’t freeze the meat because it had been frozen before I cooked it.  So, I typed in “BBQ Pork Leftover Recipes” into Pinterest.  When a recipe for taquitos popped up, I knew it was perfect because we had some corn tortillas in the fridge.  These were super simple, and we all enjoyed them.  I added a little Muenster cheese over the top during the last 5 minutes of baking to make them a little cheesy.  I also reheated some beans that were leftover and roasted some diced sweet potatoes and broccoli.  This meal FINALLY used up all the pork.  J




Tuesday:  Pasta with Ground Venison Marinara Sauce with Roasted Green Beans & Carrots



  It’s nice to always have some type of ground beef, venison, chicken, or turkey on hand for easy meals like pasta and tacos.  I had a healthy dinner on the table for our family in no time by simply pulling some ground venison out of the freezer and also some homemade marinara sauce I had frozen a few months back.  Roasting vegetables is a family fave, and I also made garlic bread out of some leftover hamburger buns from Easter. 


Wednesday:  Dinner with Small Group


Thursday:  Crispy Tilapia & Quinoa with Kale

  Chad took the boys out to eat after baseball practice, so I made dinner for just Payton and me here at home.  She wanted chicken nuggets and apple sauce, and I had some crispy tilapia from Costco in the freezer that made for a quick and easy dinner for me!


Friday:  Pizza & Movie Night!



  We ordered Dominos…the kids’ favorite!  I always serve ours with fresh fruits and veggies to round out our meal.


Saturday:  Leftover Pizza

  Chad had his draft for his fantasy baseball league, so the kids and I had leftover pizza from the night before.  J


No comments:

Post a Comment