Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 13-19, 2016

  *This week had a few unexpected events, so there were several nights we weren't at home.*

Sunday:  Bean & Cheese Quesadillas with Rice & Fruit


  We had leftovers for lunch after church that morning, so I wanted to cook something Sunday night.  I had some refried beans in the freezer leftover from the last time I made a big batch of slow-cooked beans.  Just puree them, and freeze!  I made some tortillas, and in no time we had bean and cheese quesadillas!  It was a beautiful evening, so we ate outside.  The kids loved these and ate almost every bite!


Monday:  Out of Town


Tuesday:  Out of Town


Wednesday:  Sandwiches at the Park for Small Group


Thursday:  Cheeseburgers, Tator Tots, Sweet Potato Fries, & Salad
  It was the first night since Sunday that we were all home together as a family, so an easy, family favorite was the perfect meal.  :-)


Friday:  Leftovers & Family Movie Night
  I had Chad grill double the amount of burgers on Thursday because I wanted plenty for us to have Friday too.  This time we had roasted green beans and sweet potato fries along with the burgers.  It was also family movie night...our fave!


Saturday:  Smoked Turkey, Broccoli, & Sundried Tomato Pasta with Garlic Bread



Smoked Turkey, Broccoli & Sundried Tomato Pasta
  Callen played his first t-ball game that morning, we had a church seminar during the day, and then Ranger played his first baseball game of the season that evening.  So, by the time we arrived back home, we were dirty and tired!  While Chad bathed the kids, I made a simple, healthy meal with some smoked turkey from the freezer (Chad had bagged it in the Food Saver from Christmas) that I warmed in a saute pan with a little olive oil.  I added in sun-dried tomatoes and fresh broccoli as well.  While that warmed together, I boiled some quinoa pasta in salted water.  Once the pasta was cooked and drained, I added it to the turkey, tomatoes, and broccoli, drizzled on a little more olive oil, and then sprinkled on a little freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.  It was delicious!  I love when our meals are just random ingredients thrown together and it turns out so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment