Sunday, February 7, 2016

January 31 - February 6, 2016

Sunday:  Breakfast for Dinner!  Strawberry Waffles, Eggs, & Bacon

  Chad was still out of town (5th night in a row!), and the kids and I had a busy day of church, a birthday party, and a little family time.  So, by the time we arrived back home and we all took our baths and showers, I knew I needed an easy dinner that would fill everyone up but not wear me out!  In our family, that meal is almost always breakfast. 
  Scrambled eggs and bacon are almost always part of the breakfast for dinner menu, but the carb portion changes a bit.  Since it was the last day of the month (I always go to the store on the first day of the month), our fresh fruit supply was pretty low, so I pureed some frozen strawberries that I had thawed a bit, and I added that puree to my waffle batter.  It made slightly pink, sweet waffles that we all really enjoyed!  I learned after the first waffle that I needed to spray my waffle iron since the sugar in the strawberries made them stick a bit.  We all loved these, and I made extra for the freezer for breakfasts during the week!


Monday:  One Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce, Roasted Broccoli, & Brown Rice



  This recipe is from Little Spice Jar, which is a new blog for me.  As much as I enjoyed this recipe, I will be browsing around her blog for more!  I really enjoy the flavor of lemon with chicken, and making this cream sauce made it feel a bit more special.  Since Chad had been gone for 5 nights, and also because he was only home for 2 nights before leaving again, I wanted to make sure we had nice, homecooked meals together as a family.  This one felt fancy, but wasn’t really hard at all!  Payton even helped me get the broccoli ready for roasting.  J  This dish was also a super yummy leftover for my lunch the next day.




Tuesday:  Pioneer Woman Sour Cream Noodle Bake with Salad



  This pasta dish is super simple, and quite tasty.  I altered her recipe just a bit by using ground venison instead of beef and plain green yogurt instead of sour cream.  I also used whole wheat egg noodles.  No matter how you alter it, this dish takes no time at all to prep and put together.  I made enough to put an extra one in the freezer for an easy meal in the future. 


Wednesday:  Dinner with Small Group


Thursday:  Homemade Mini-Pizzas with Fresh Veggies & Fruit Salad



  I toasted some whole wheat bread and then cut the crusts off.  Then, I gave the kids some pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperonis and let them make their own mini-pizzas.  




I realize using toasted bread isn’t quite a pizza crust, but my kids didn’t seem to mind!  J  I had leftover pasta from the night before.


Friday:  Dinner out with Nonnie



Saturday:  Pizza & Movie Night with Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment