Monday, February 1, 2016

January 24-30, 2016

Sunday:  “10 Chicken” with Steamed Butter & Parmesan Potatoes & Green Beans

“10 Chicken”
  This chicken marinade is so simple, yummy, and fast!  All you need is soy sauce, Italian dressing, and garlic powder.  Mix up the amounts…sorry I don’t have exact measurements…and pour over whatever chicken your family prefers.  We used boneless chicken breasts because that’s what I had on hand.  Then marinate a few hours or all day and grill.  That’s it!  This marinade is also a good one to prep, pour over chicken, and freeze.  Then you can thaw it out and grill it, or you can just throw it all frozen in a crock pot and cook on low all day.  J  (A big thanks to my cousin Britney for this family fave!)

  I served ours with fresh green beans that I steamed and then added a little butter, salt, and pepper before eating and also some steamed new potatoes.  For the potatoes I added a little butter…okay…maybe it was more than a little butter…freshly grated parmesan, and some homemade Ranch.  These potatoes were AH-MAZING!  I wouldn’t say they were a healthy side dish, but they were so delish, Chad and I didn’t care one bit.  ;-)


Monday:  Turkey Meatballs with Roasted Broccoli & Carrots

Turkey Meatballs
  This dinner was a bit thrown together as we had a little unplanned adventure in our afternoon.  Callen had a small accident on his bike, so we had to spend some time at the pediatrician’s office to have his head glued back together.  So, on the way home I grabbed Chick-fil-a for the kids because they were hungry.  Happy kids, happy mommy.  J  Then, while they ate, I made some meatballs with ground turkey I had in the fridge so that Chad and I could have dinner after he arrived home later that evening.  I added oats and an egg and then some salt and spices to the meatballs, brushed on a little BBQ sauce, then baked them in a foil-lined baking pan for about 40 minutes at 375.  I tossed some broccoli and baby carrots on another baking sheet and roasted those for 20 minutes or so.  Chad and I had a yummy dinner while the kids enjoyed cookies and milk.  What a day!


Tuesday:  Ranger’s Birthday Dinner!

  We always let our kids decide what’s for dinner on their birthdays.  I am happy to cook, or they may choose for us to go out.  Ranger chose SmashBurger!  Happy 7th birthday to my sweet guy!


Wednesday:  Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas

  Chad was gone on a business trip, so the rest of the week was filled with kid-friendly fare.  I had some “10 Chicken” leftover and diced up in the fridge from Sunday night and had been having it on my salads for lunch.  I used some of it to make simple quesadillas for dinner.  I served ours with fresh fruits and veggies, and everyone was happy.  It’s so nice to have some already cooked chicken or beef around for quick meals!


Thursday:  Dinner Out

  Ranger had some birthday money he wanted to spend at the Lego Store, so off to the mall we went.  As a bonus, I let the kids pick dinner from the food court.  J


Friday:  Movie Night & Sleepover at Nonnie’s

  Since Chad was still out of town, the kids and I went and had a sleepover at my mom’s house.  She made us dinner.  Yay!


Saturday:  Chicken & Cheese Tortilla Roll-ups



  I’ve mentioned before what a fan I am of the uncooked tortillas from Tortilla Land that I buy at Costco.  They also sell them at Walmart, and I’ve just discovered they have corn as well!  They are so nice to have on hand because you can have fresh, hot tortillas in just a few minutes.  Plus, the ingredient list is super simple, short, and preservative free! 

  I had some nitrate-free deli chicken and cheese in the fridge and used them both to make little rollups for the kids.  The tortillas were just warm enough that the cheese melted a little bit and helped them “stick” together.  The kids thought these were really fun.  I also added fresh fruits and veggies to their plates, and a few chips too!  I made more than we would eat so that the kids could have more for lunch after church on Sunday.

  Sunday Lunch:
    Easy peasey!



No comments:

Post a Comment