Sunday, October 4, 2015

September 27 - October 3, 2015

*After a little "Fall Break" the blog is back with our menu from last week!

Sunday Lunch:  3 Envelope Beef Sliders with Salad & Fruit



This recipe is actually a combination of Six Sisters’ Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders and You’re Too Crafty’s Best Pot Roast Ever.  I saw the Six Sisters recipe first and liked the idea of having pot roast sliders rather than traditional roast with sides.  But, I didn’t want the flavor of salsa, so I used a Coke instead, as suggested by You’re Too Crafty. 

I actually prepared the roast and did most of the cooking on Saturday afternoon so that I wouldn’t have to wake up at 3am to start the crockpot on Sunday morning.  So, I put my roast in the crock pot.  Then I mixed 1 packet of onion soup mix, 1 packet of Italian dressing mix, & 1 packet of Au Jus gravy mix with 1 cup of water.  I poured that on top of the roast, then poured a Coke on top of that.  I cooked it on high for 2 hours, then on low for 2 hours.  Then, I turned off the crockpot and took out the insert and stuck it in the fridge overnight.  On Sunday morning, I pulled the meat out of the fridge and stuck it back into the crockpot and cooked it on low for about 4 hours.  It was SO, SO GOOD!  The house smelled amazing for 2 whole days!  Seriously, the gravy is so ridiculously delicious that I could have downed it with a straw.  J

I used King’s Hawaiian Rolls, spicy mustard, & Havarti cheese to make our sliders.  I put the gravy in small bowls so we could dip our sliders into it.  I’m not kidding…these are DELISH!  Make them!  As a bonus, we always have leftover meat when I make this.  If you have a large family or kids who eat more than mine do, you might think about doubling your recipe and making 2 roasts at once.


Sunday Dinner:  Beef & Cheese Nachos with Rice & Avocado & Tomato Salad



First use of the leftover beef from the 3 Envelope Sliders!!  The kids set the table for me, so they chose monkey plates.  J  I just put the meat inside the scoop chips and warmed them in the oven.  Then I topped them with shredded cheese and put it under the broiler until the cheese was melted.


Monday:  Honey BBQ Turkey Meatballs with Roasted Zucchini & Carrots



I felt inspired earlier in the afternoon to use our favorite meatloaf recipe to make MEATBALLS!!  I followed my Honey BBQ Turkey Meatloaf recipe, and instead of forming it into a loaf, I made 18 meatballs.  I topped most of them with the BBQ sauce mixture, but I topped the rest with ketchup to keep the spice lower for the kids.  I baked them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Yum! 




Tuesday:  Beef & Cheese Quesadillas with Roasted Broccoli & Apple Slices



Second use of the beef from the 3 Envelope Sliders we had on Sunday!  These were really, really delicious quesadillas.  So, I prepared meat once, and we had it for 3 separate meals! 


Wednesday:  Dinner with Church Small Group


Thursday:  Sandwiches
  Chad took on the task of getting Ranger to baseball practice at 4:30, and then taking both boys to Callen’s soccer practice at 6:30.  I was in charge of sandwiches at various times for all of us…Ranger and Chad had theirs “To Go!”  J


Friday:  Dinner Out with Mom


Saturday:  Grilled BBQ Sausage with Macaroni & Cheese & Roasted Parmesan Green Beans




One of our kids’ favorite meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment