Sunday, October 18, 2015

October 11-17, 2015

Sunday: Grilled Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken with Macaroni & Cheese & Sautéed Zucchini

  We really love this chicken!  It is so flavorful and tender…the kids just gobble it right up every time!  I love it because it is a simple marinade.  If I find a good deal on chicken, I’ll buy several packages and marinate several bags for the freezer all at the same time.  Then, it’s as easy and pulling it out of the freezer, thawing the chicken, and it’s ready for the grill!


Monday:  Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas


  Another bonus to this chicken…it makes amazing leftovers!  Use the chicken in quesadillas like I did, or for a pasta dish or on salads.  It’s great it so many ways!  I’m totally obsessed right now with these tortillas I found at Costco.  I’ve seen them at Walmart too.



They are made with simple ingredients, and I can make as many as I need at a time.  When I’m not in the mood or don’t have the time to make homemade, whole wheat tortillas, these are perfect!


Tuesday:  Chicken Fried Venison with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Broccoli
  Chad’s night to cook!  I do love that he loves to hunt…it stocks our freezer with meat and gives me an excuse to let him cook for the evening.  J  All I did was roast the veggies inside, and Chad took care of the rest.


Wednesday:  Dinner with Small Group


Thursday:  Chick-Fil-A
  Baseball practice for Ranger at 4:30, a friend’s baseball game at 6:00, and soccer practice for Callen at 6:00…Chick-fil-a to the rescue!

Friday:  Macaroni & Beef with Cheese with Roasted Carrots & Zucchini



  I haven’t made this tasty dish from Ruhlman.com in a while, but it’s always a hit with all 5 of us.  It takes a little bit of time because you let the noodles absorb the sauce, but there’s nothing difficult about it.  I only used a little over 1 lb ground beef, but I still used a full box of whole wheat macaroni.  I poured a good amount into a 7x10 dish for our dinner and froze another portion in an 8x8 dish for a meal another night.  This meal really goes a long way!  Just adjust the amount of sauce, meat, and noodles to your family’s taste.

We had family movie night, but I knew the kids would be having pizza on Saturday.  This cheese pasta dish is a good, homemade substitute for an easy pizza night.


Saturday:  Date Night!  (Pizza Night for the Kids)  J

  For the past several years, instead of Christmas gifts for Chad’s sister Amber and her husband Wade, the 4 of us go out to dinner together.  We definitely don’t need anything, and having an excuse to spend time together is a better gift than something we could buy at the store.  And bonus…our niece and nephew are the babysitters!  Everyone is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment