Sunday, October 11, 2015

October 4-10, 2015

Sunday:  Roasted Chicken & Veggie Tortellini

Roasted Chicken & Veggie Tortellini


  This is a super simple and flavorful meal that can be put together in under 20 minutes.  I almost always have shredded rotisserie chicken in the freezer, so before we left for church that morning, I pulled a bag out so it could thaw in the fridge for a few hours.  When we arrived back home, I diced up zucchini and sautéed it in a little olive oil with a little salt and pepper along with some cauliflower.  I also boiled pasta.  After the veggies had time to cook and brown a little, I tossed the chicken in the same pan to warm it all the way through. 

  After draining the pasta, I tossed it in with the chicken and veggies and added in some prepared pesto.  That’s it!  Your meal is completely ready and has everything you need all in one bowl.  Another bonus…there’s only 2 pans to clean! 


Monday:  Crockpot Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Tacos with Avocado & Rice



  This is a really long name for a very easy crockpot meal.   The creator from A Latte Food basically named it for all of the ingredients she used.  J  All I did was toss the ingredients together in the crockpot and leave it alone!  I shredded the chicken about an hour or so before we ate and then had the chicken in the crockpot on the “warm” setting until we were ready to eat.  We ate ours with fresh avocado, fresh bell peppers, shredded cheese, and rice.  This chicken made wonderful leftovers for lunch the next day.


Tuesday:  Chicken Tenders, Broccoli, & Fruit
  I had a girls night dinner, so I prepared an easy dinner for Chad and the kids.


Wednesday:  Parmesan Broiled Tilapia with Spinach Salad & Brown Rice



  I had planned tilapia for this evening, but the one I meant for us to eat actually required the fish to be marinated for several hours before preparing.  Oops!  I completely forgot and didn’t even have our tilapia thawed until it was time to actually make dinner.  So, I quickly went to my Pinterest boards and found this recipe instead.  It was fast, easy, and had really great flavor!  The website, Spend with Pennies, has come in handy for me on more than one occasion!


Thursday:  Pizza


Friday:  Dinner at Mom’s  J


Saturday:  Cheeseburgers with Fresh Veggies & Fruit

  This was night 3 of Chad being out of town for work, so I attempted cheeseburgers inside since I don’t even know how to turn on our grill…ha!  Making burgers on a skillet inside works well too, and I didn’t hear any complaints from the kids.  Still, I prefer them cooked on the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment