Monday, October 20, 2014

October 12-18, 2014

Sunday:  Taco Soup & Cornbread

Taco Soup
·          This recipe is from one of my mom’s friends, Pat.  It’s my favorite taco soup recipe, and it’s so incredibly easy!  This time, I used ground turkey because it’s what I had on hand.  This can be made quickly on the stovetop, or in the crock pot more slowly, which is what I did.  I browned the meat and then placed everything on low in the crockpot while we were at church.  J

1.5 – 2 lbs ground beef or turkey, browned and drained
½ diced onion, sautéed with meat
3 cans stewed tomatoes with juice
2 cans pinto beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can Rotel
1 can mild chopped green chilies
1 package taco seasoning
1 package Ranch dressing mix

Mix together and simmer.  Serve with tortilla chips, grated cheese, sour cream, and any other of your favorite toppings.


Monday:  Rotisserie Chicken, Roasted Broccoli, & Biscuits

·          We had a busy day, so I picked up a rotisserie chicken from Costco.  I added in some fresh roasted broccoli and hot biscuits, and we all enjoyed a tasty meal.


Tuesday:  Spinach & Mozzarella Ravioli Chicken Bake with Spinach Salad & Whole Wheat Bread

Spinach & Mozzarella Ravioli Chicken Bake


·          I had some rotisserie chicken leftover from the night before.  I keep frozen spinach and mozzarella ravioli in the freezer for an easy pasta meal like this one!

Place frozen ravioli in a single layer of a greased baking dish (whatever size you choose for you family).  Top the ravioli with chicken (or any protein of your choice) and pour over pasta sauce.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Remove foil, top with parmesan and bake an additional 5 minutes.


Wednesday:  Dinner at Mom’s  J


Thursday:  Pizza Night


Friday:  Island Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Asparagus & Sweet Potatoes



·          Chad was out hunting this evening, so I actually made the kids breakfast for dinner (spinach egg scramble, bacon, toast, and fruit), and then I made dinner for the two of us to eat when he arrived home.  This is an incredibly simple and flavorful pork tenderloin.  The spices would have been too hot for my kids, but Chad and I both thoroughly enjoyed it.  If the kids had eaten this also, I could have just given them the inside of the tenderloin, as it wasn’t the spicy part.  I roasted asparagus and diced sweet potatoes to go along with our meal.  Yum!  (Recipe courtesy of Little B Cooks)


Saturday:  Grilled Dove, Hunters’ Rice, & Pear Walnut Salad




·          Chad has been hunting quite a bit lately, and we have a freezer with a good amount of dove in it now!  He wanted to have a big meal and invite over a few of his hunting buddies, and my mom came over too!  All I did was make a big green salad with pears and walnuts.  Chad took care of the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment