Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 7-13, 2014

Sunday:  Swedish Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, & Cornbread

·          I stayed home from church with Callen who wasn’t feeling well.  So, I was able to make lunch and have it ready by the time Chad, Ranger, and Payton came home.  I actually just thawed out some Swedish meatballs from a previous dinner and warmed them with some fresh gravy.  I added mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, and cornbread, and we all had a delicious meal!


Monday:  Callen’s Birthday Dinner….at Burger King!




Tuesday:  Breakfast for Dinner – Eggs, Bacon, & Banana Waffles  J


Wednesday:  Fried Red Fish & Trout, Potato Salad, & Roasted Broccoli

·          Our friend Jeff came over and brought some of the fish he has caught and had in his freezer.  Chad fried it (outside on the grill burner…yay!) after dipping it in yellow mustard and Zataran’s fish fry.  It’s so simple and so good!  We also added roasted broccoli and potato salad to the meal.  The boys may have eaten their weight in fish…no joke.  And, since Chad cooked the fish outside, my house didn’t smell like a seafood store!


Thursday:  Monterey Chicken, Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes, & Roasted Asparagus

·          I absolutely love this meal.  Anytime I make this chicken, I always make it with these 2 sides…always.  It’s just a meal that makes me happy.  Chad really likes it too, and on this night, my mom was here with us.  I leave the tomatoes and green onions off of the kids’ chicken, but otherwise the boys usually eat this right up as well!  (Payton is another story…as usual.  J)  These sweet potatoes are so simple and scrumptious, I want to have them year round


Friday:  Dinner with Friends


Saturday:  French Bread Pizzas







·          I was really tired, but I didn’t want us to eat out.  So, I bought some whole wheat French bread and we all made our own pizzas.  The kids had so much fun!  They made pepperoni and mozzarella pizzas…Payton may have eaten all of her cheese during the prep.  Chad and I added other ingredients to ours like sliced sweet peppers, fresh basil, pesto sauce, sliced tomatoes, and garlic.  A great, easy dinner for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment