Monday, September 22, 2014

September 14-20, 2014

Sunday:  Roast, Potatoes, Carrots, Spinach Salad, and Bread

·          We had some friends over after church, so I made roast!


Monday:  Honey BBQ Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots



·          We haven’t had this favorite in a while, and we just love it!  I can throw everything together in less than 10 minutes and then put it in the fridge.  About an hour before we are ready to eat, I can preheat the oven and throw it in, and after adding veggies, our dinner is ready!


Tuesday:  Sweet Chili Lime Chicken with Cilantro CousCous and Roasted Broccoli



·          This is an easy and flavorful dinner we all enjoy.  It’s actually one of the very first recipes I ever pinned on Pinterest (from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch blog).  The lime and cilantro flavors are amazing, and adding just a bit of red pepper flakes gives the dish a little zing!  (If you don’t have kids, you might add more red pepper.)  This is a great meal for a busy day because it can be done in under 30 minutes, easily.  J  The couscous can be a bit messy with kids, so you’ve been warned!


Wednesday:  My Birthday Dinner!  (Mommy did not cook!)




Thursday:  Basil Pesto Tilapia, French Fries, Spinach Salad



·          Thursday night Ranger has tball practice, so I need a meal that I can eat with Callen and Payton early, and then feed Ranger and Chad when they arrive back home.  Nights like this always make me thankful for Costco! 


Friday:  Mommy, Callen, and Payton Date Night



·          Chad and Ranger went on an evening dove hunt, so I took my other 2 sweeties out for a little Chick-fil-a date.  J


Saturday:  Grilled Venison Kabobs with Roasted Veggies and Toast


·          We had our last venison meal from the deer Chad shot last year.  This meat was back strap, and I think it’s my favorite cut of deer meat.  Chad seasoned it and grilled it on kabobs with yellow and orange sweet peppers, while I roasted asparagus, Brussels sprouts, and carrots inside.  We had a movie night picnic with the kids and watched “101 Dalmations.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment