Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 21-27, 2013


Sunday:  Pizza Night!

·         We had been with family all weekend, so I had no plans to cook this evening.  Plus, we had some friends coming to stay with us, so pizza was an easy option to feed everyone.


Monday:  Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas, Roasted Broccoli, & Rice

·          We had some good friends staying with us for a few nights, and Sharon made these delicious enchiladas and froze them the week before.  They were so very good!!  I will definitely be adding these to my menus in the future.  We served ours with roasted broccoli and Spanish rice with quinoa from CostCo.  Yum!  (http://www.thegardengrazer.com/)


Tuesday:  Lasagna, Sautéed Spaghetti Squash, Whole Wheat Garlic Bread

·          I’m sure everyone has a lasagna recipe, so I won’t tire you with mine.   Truly, I think I make mine different just about every time!  What I will share is a delicious recipe for spaghetti squash.  It’s so, so tasty!

·          This is such a wonderful way to eat spaghetti squash…please try it!!!  (http://www.steamykitchen.com/)


Wednesday:  Ground Chicken & Veggie Tacos, Cilantro-Lime Rice, & Fresh Avocado Slices

Ground Chicken & Veggie Tacos
·          My friend, Meredith, made these tacos for us after Payton was born, and they are delicious.  It’s one of those dinners that tastes just a little different every time we have it, but we always enjoy it!

Ground Chicken  (I used 2 pounds.)
Finely chopped/diced veggies of your choice (I used 1 zucchini, 3 big carrots, & 2-3 big handfuls of spinach.)
1 Can Rotel
Taco Seasoning
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic

Cook the chicken with olive oil & minced garlic until no longer pink.  Add your finely diced veggies, Rotel, & taco seasoning.  Mix it all together until everything is heated through.  Serve with tortillas or chips of your choice.  We used corn tortillas and topped with some shredded cheese.

This ground chicken is delicious and healthy and very easy to freeze and have on hand for other meals.  I always make more than we need because it’s such a good leftover and great to freeze.

Cilantro-Lime Rice
·          Make your rice as directed.  Add butter, lime juice, fresh cilantro, & garlic salt.  Mix it all together and enjoy!

Thursday, Friday, & Saturday:  Chad was out of town, so we had dinner with my mom, my sister-in-law, & her kids on these evenings.


**  On another note, I will try to come up with a "search" feature for the blog so that you can more easily find recipes.  **


No comments:

Post a Comment