Sunday, May 5, 2013

April 28 - May 4, 2013


Monday – Thursday:  No meals

·          Chad was out of town, so the kids and I spent time with Chad’s parents, including a great trip to the zoo!  We all had a great time, and I had a few nights off from cooking.  J


Friday:  Macaroni & Beef with Cheese, Mixed Greens Salad with Blackberries & Feta, Garlic Toast

·          Chad flew back in on this evening, so I wanted him to have a home-cooked meal, but I didn’t really want to spend much time on it since I was a “single parent.”  I pulled some Macaroni & Beef with Cheese out of the freezer from a previous time when I made a large recipe.  I love freezer cooking!!


Saturday:  Taco Stack with all the Fixings



·          We had Payton’s 1st Birthday celebrations on this day!  We had some family that could come for lunch, and some that could come for dinner.  So, I made taco stack for our Cinco de Mayo baby’s party at lunch, and we easily re-heated it for dinner.  We had taco meat, cilantro lime rice, slow-cooked pinto beans, chips, tortillas, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes & salsa.  I also made a tasty 5-layer dip.  It’s delicious and easy!

5-layer Dip
1st layer – 1 can refried beans
2nd layer – 8 oz softened (room temperature) cream cheese, 10-12 oz sour cream, 1 package of taco seasoning (mix all of this together)
3rd layer – guacamole
4th layer – pico de gallo
5th layer – shredded cheese
*place sliced olives around the edge. 

Layer it all together on a large serving platter!  Yum!


Sorry for the short week, but that’s the way it sometimes is around here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment