Sunday, May 28, 2017

May 21-27, 2017

Sunday:  Chad's Birthday!  Steak, Sweet Potatoes, & Arugula & Berry Salad



  Chad wanted steak for his birthday, so we went big!  He grilled some excellent filet mignon from Costco, and they were like butter!


Monday:  Chicken Pasta with Salad



  This was a simple meal as I already had homemade marinara and some rotisserie chicken in the freezer.  All I had to do was thaw and warm those while boiling some pasta.  Dinner was done!  I used lentil and quinoa pasta, which was delicious.


Tuesday:  Eggs, Sausage, & Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Wednesday:  Burgers, Chips & Fruit

  Costco's angus beef burger patties may save us this summer!  They are really so, so tasty, and they grill in no time!


Thursday:  Sandwiches on the Go!

  Ranger had a 6:00 baseball game, so I made "Subway-type" sandwiches for everyone to eat whether it was before the game, during the game, or after.  We had some whole wheat hamburger buns leftover that were perfect for this.  I also packed fruit and chips.


Friday:  Pizza Night

  Mom came to watch the kids while Chad and I went on a date!!


Saturday:  Bacon, Egg, Cheese, & Potato Burritos



  Another night of eggs for dinner, thanks to our chickens!  This time, I made burritos for everyone.  I also made a "hash" of white and sweet potatoes.  A few people ate their's as a side, and a few people had them inside their burritos.  I made more of a bowl-meal with mine and had it on top of mixed greens.  Pineapple rounded out everyone's meal just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment