Sunday, November 29, 2015

November 22-28, 2015

·         * I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving week! Obviously, this week is a little "light" on meals because of family fun.

Sunday:  Lunch – Leftover Gumbo
                 Dinner – One Pot Ziti with Salad



  Easy, delicious, plenty of leftovers, and a family fave.  J  (Pardon my French, but this recipe is courtesy of DamnDelicious.net.)


Monday:  Leftovers

On Sunday night, I put the leftover ziti into a greased casserole dish in the oven.  Then, about 30 minutes before dinner time, all I had to do was pull the dish out of the fridge and put it in the oven.  Then I heat the oven to 350 degrees and in about 25 minutes, the pasta is heated through, and dinner is ready.  Easy peasey!  Anytime I can prepare food once that we will eat twice, I feel like a rock star.


Tuesday:  Movie & Dinner Out!

  The kids were staying a few nights with Chad’s parents, so that meant Chad and I had a few nights to go out.  J


Wednesday:  Dinner Out (Again!)


Thursday:  Thanksgiving Day!!


Friday:  Burgers

….Because it was cold, rainy, and I didn’t want to cook.  ;)


Saturday:  Ground Venison & Veggie Quesadillas or Salad



Ground Venison & Veggie Quesadillas

  Thanks to Chad’s first deer hunt of the season a few weeks ago, we now have venison in the freezer again!  I used about a pound of the ground venison to make taco meat.  I first sautéed small, diced zucchini and carrots in a little avocado oil until they were tender.  Then I added salt, pepper, and minced garlic and stirred that around for about 2 minutes (don’t let the garlic burn!).  Next, I added in the venison and cooked it all together until the meat was browned all the way through.  I added a little taco seasoning as well.  That’s it!  This meat is great served with tortillas, or even over a salad.  I plan to use the leftover meat and veggies for a pasta dish another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment