Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 9-15, 2015

Sunday:  Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken with Roasted Green Beans & Sweet Potatoes



  I found this wonderful recipe for grilled chicken from Living Well Spending Less.  It is so, SO simple to put together, and has so much flavor!  Our chicken was super moist (I used boneless, skinless thighs, but you could certainly use chicken breasts if you prefer). I served ours with roasted Parmesan green beans and roasted, diced sweet potatoes.  This would be an excellent recipe to make more of and freeze as she suggests.  We saved some of the leftover cooked chicken for salads the next day, then froze the rest in a Food Saver bag.  It will be a delicious addition to a pasta or Mexican food dish in the near future, without me having to cook more chicken!  J

Here’s a pic of our next day salads…




Monday:  Dinner at My Mom’s House
  My Nima was in town all week (hooray!), so we went over to have dinner with her and my mom.


Tuesday:  One Pot Spaghetti with Roasted Broccoli, Brown Sugar Carrots, and Garlic Bread



  My mom and Nima were at our house for dinner on this night, and a pasta dish sounded really yummy.  I haven’t made this spaghetti in a while, but it is absolutely wonderful!  Really, it’s so good, and cooking it all in one pot together also makes it super simple.  Cooking the spaghetti in the pasta sauce and chicken broth leaves the pasta so flavorful, and the sauce really sticks to the noodles instead of sliding off and being runny.  It’s also an amazing leftover meal!  This recipe made more than enough for 4 adults and my 3 kids (who don’t eat a ton), and Chad and I had leftovers for lunch the next day, and I had it again another day.


Wednesday:  Thai Food Take-Out and Netflix Date Night with My Guy
  The kids stayed the night with Chad’s sister’s family, so we had a stay-in date night on our couch.  It was perfect!


Thursday:  Crispy Tilapia, Fish Sticks, Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes, and Toast
  Ranger and Chad had their first baseball practice for this upcoming fall season, so I made a quick dinner using Costco’s crispy frozen tilapia (for us) and fish sticks (for the kids).  I added in some fresh, roasted veggies and buttered toast, and everyone was happy.  J


Friday:  Grilled Venison Steak Medalions with Roasted Zucchini, Butternut Squash, and Potatoes



  This was family movie night, but Chad wanted to grill.  I am certainly not going to argue with that!  He made some scrumptios venison steak medalions outside and I grilled some diced veggies inside.  Our whole dinner was ready in 20 minutes!


Saturday:  Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Wraps with Fruit



Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Wraps

  I bought some wonderful tortillas at Costco that have only 4 natural ingredients; they stay in the fridge and you cook them on a skillet as you need them.  They are such a find!!  



So, having meals wrapped in tortillas makes for an easy dinner.  I made bacon and scrambled eggs and shredded some cheese.  




Then, after I prepped my tortillas, I wrapped everything up tightly and warmed them all together on my skillet.  It sealed the tortilla and kept all the yummy ingredients inside!  



It was perfect for kids.  Ranger asked if he could be the photographer for this meal prep.  Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment