Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 7-13, 2015

This was the week of pulling out some old favorites!

Sunday:  Date Night!
·          Mom had the kids, so Chad and I had a wonderful, low-key, dinner out!


Monday:  Grilled Turkey, Cheese, Pear, & Blackberry Preserve Sandwiches with Salad and Fruit




·          Chad had a softball game at 6:30, so this was a tasty and easy dinner I could throw together before he needed to leave.  


  
         I actually assembled all the sandwiches and made them in the oven.  It’s a super simple way to make multiple “grilled” sandwiches at the same time!  Just lay foil down on one cookie sheet, then your sandwiches, then another piece of foil, and finally put another cookie sheet on top.  That’s all!  I put mine in a cold oven, then heated it to 400 degrees.  Once it reached that temperature, I checked the sandwiches every 3-4 minutes until they were as brown as I wanted them. 




Tuesday:  Breakfast for Dinner!  Scrambled Eggs with Cheese, Bacon, Cinnamon Toast, & Fruit


Wednesday:  Chicken & Veggie Tacos with Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas



We haven’t had our favorite tacos in a while!  These are so simple to make…just go up to the “Chicken Recipes” link above, and then find “Meredith’s Chicken & Veggie Tacos.”  So, easy, full of veggies, and full of flavor!  I served ours with hot sauce, cheese, sour cream and homemade, whole wheat flour tortillas that I made earlier in the day.  Yum!  This meat is an excellent leftover for nachos, salads, or even to throw in spaghetti sauce, so go ahead and make a ton!


Thursday:  Grilled “10 Chicken” with Parmesan Cauliflower & Kale Salad



I pulled some chicken thighs out of the freezer on Wednesday to thaw, then marinated them all day Thursday.  It’s the simplest marinade that I learned about from my cousin, Britney, and it packs so much flavor!  Just put your chicken in a ziplock and pour over some soy sauce, Italian dressing, and sprinkle in some garlic powder.  That’s all!  Chad grilled it up for us.  We really like dark meat because it stays so tender and moist, but if you like white meat, please do that instead!

I made our sides inside.  Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower is a hit with everyone in our family, and I’m still completely obsessed with kale salads, so we had that as well.  I love salads in the summer because they are so easy to throw together and require no time over a hot stove!  J


Friday:  Birthday Party at Our Friends’ Home


Saturday:  Family Pizza & Movie Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment