Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 14-20, 2015

We had a week of family birthdays and dinners, so I actually only cooked TWICE!  It was practically vacation.  ;-)  The two meals are both easy, healthy, and tasty.  My kids loved them both!

Pasta with Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce and Salad



We love this Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce!  I had some ground chicken and veggie taco meat in the freezer from last week that I thawed out and added to the sauce.  My kids gobbled this up!  I served ours with a huge kale salad topped with blackberries, feta cheese, and Dana's homemade balsamic dressing.


Quinoa Patties with Roasted Zucchini & Sweet Potatoes



These Quinoa Patties are wonderful as a side or for a meatless meal.  I used Costco's frozen quinoa and kale packets.  This time, I added feta cheese instead of parmesan, and also a little extra Italian seasoning.  These are so, so DELISH!  I made more than we needed, so Chad and I had leftovers for lunch the next day.  These also freeze well and can be popped out and warmed up for an easy lunch or dinner.


HEALTHY BONUS!
My current favorite lunch or afternoon snack is this easy salad!!  All you need is half an avocado, a few tomatoes, a little mozzarella, and some balsamic and olive oil, and you are set!  Adding fresh basil makes it really special!




YUMMY BONUS!
We had my mom over for her birthday dinner on Sunday.  Chad grilled dove and I made veggies inside.  For her birthday dessert, I threw together Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler #1, which is a hit absolutely any time I make it.  This time, I had peaches and blueberries on hand, so that's what I used.  It is RIDICULOUSLY good, and you should absolutely make it this week with some yummy, seasonal fruit!!



No comments:

Post a Comment