Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 15-21, 2015

Sunday:  Dinner with Small Group


Monday:  Zoodles with Crockpot Turkey Italian Meatballs




·          My friend, Dana, shared this recipe from Skinny Taste on her own blog.  I’ve always wanted to try zoodles (zucchini noodles), but I didn’t have the right kitchen tool for the job.  So, I grabbed one from Target, and spun away!  It was really fast and easy.



      I followed her recipe and made the turkey meatballs in the crock pot as well.  They were delish!  Chad and I loved this, and the boys liked it too.  Payton ate her meatballs, but she wasn’t a fan of the zoodles, even though she eats roasted zucchini.  I had a few of the meatballs for lunch the next day, and I quickly made myself another batch of zoodles!  This one is a keeper.  Even if you don’t care of the noodles, the crock pot turkey meatballs would be amazing with any meal.


Tuesday:  Best Chicken Enchiladas with Rice & Salad



·          I mean, if it says they are the “best ever,” I need to give it a try, right?  J  These actually were amazing, and I agree that the made-from-scratch sauce is really delicious.  I made my chicken breasts in oven earlier in the day, and I also diced them up.  So, when it was time to put the enchiladas together, I didn’t add the chicken to the onions and green chilies on the stove.  I just mixed it all together after the onions and green chilies were cooked.  I used whole wheat tortillas.  This made a 10 large enchiladas, so I placed 4 of them in an aluminum pan and stuck them in the freezer for an easy meal one evening. 




Wednesday:  Dinner with Mom


Thursday:  Leftover Night
·          I went to listen to someone speak this evening, and Ranger and Chad had baseball practice, so I made the kids sandwiches and then Chad had leftovers.  J


Friday:  Pizza & Tie Dye Shirt Party with Friends!
·          Our book this week talked about a mother and daughter dyeing yarn to make a new coat, so my creative friend, Meredith, thought the kids would have fun tie dyeing their own shirts.  We through pizza into the mix, and we had a party! 


Saturday:  Cheeseburger Sliders with Fries & Avocado

·          I finished reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone to the kids this week, so it was the perfect time for family movie night!!  Normally I would have just had pizza for movie night, but since we had it the night before, Chad grilled some yummy hamburgers for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment